Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectRE: Acting sucked, guy was unrealistically dumb, BUT
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=97576&mesg_id=97613
97613, RE: Acting sucked, guy was unrealistically dumb, BUT
Posted by da_illest_one, Sun Oct-11-09 09:19 PM
>that was the scariest thing I've ever seen in a theater. WOW.
>I am not going to sleep tonight. I think the technical
>imperfections of this are outweighed by the actual thrill
>factor. It's easy to overlook bad acting when you're on the
>edge of your damn seat everytime they're asleep.
>
>And I agree with the "see this in a large theater" crowd. I
>saw this at a 16plex in the burbs, probably around 80%
>capacity. Worth it for the sounds you hear your fellow patrons
>make in the last 15 minutes.
>
>SPOILERS/questions
>
>-So was she possessed by the demon when she was sleepwalking?
Nope, its a common phenomenon that just happens when the brain doesn't tell the body thats its in a sleep state. People have been known to go down stairs and make something to eat or turn on the television all while they are sleep. Since she was a sleepwalker; between the hours of 2-4 the demon took control of her body during the 21st night of filming. She temporarily wasn't in control of what was happening but she probably could see what was going on...

>Because when Micah was talking to her in the swing she
>responded in the same little girl-ish voice she was talking in
>when she convinced him to stay at the end.
Not exactly, when she was on the swing she replied in a typical tone that someone who sleepwalks does. It wasn't odd that she stood at over the bed for two hours straight while she sleepwalking, its been known to happen before. She became possessed by the entity near the end of the film after she showed the bite marks. At that point her boyfriend should have tied her down and found a demonoligist somewhere to transfer the presence to a mirror or an animal...

>-Why would the demon actually tell them about Diane? To help
>them? What kind of demon does such a thing?
Either the spirit was Diane herself that was trying to warn them and at the end of her attempt of communicating with the living the demon lit the board on fire. The demon most likely was torturing Diane in the afterlife and the Ouija board pissed him off since Diane could warn them of what would happen...

>-Why do you suppose Micah never saw the thing? She said that
>when she was younger, even though it only stood at the foot of
>Katie's bed, her sister could still see it. There were times
>when it was breathing on Katie in broad daylight.

Some people have ESP and others don't. Since Katie and her sister shared blood maybe both could sense the phenomenom and actually see what it looks like. That demon that looked like a goat with wings and hoofed feet is the most powerful demon that one can encounter based on some of my studies. Things like video/pictures can pick up the infrared spectrum that can show a strong spiritual presence. When I was a kid we would see a little boy with a red hat mysteriously appear in some photos. If that presence meant us harm we would encounter disturbance much more violently like in the film. Drag Me To Hell featured the same demon which basically can act outside of the hours of 2am-4am and is known to leave physical markings on its victims...