Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectthere's a bunch of documentaries
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=94094&mesg_id=94212
94212, there's a bunch of documentaries
Posted by janey, Wed Aug-09-06 12:38 PM
I saw a three hour documentary called Route 181 (I think that's the right number) in which the filmmaker drove through the occupied territories and pointed out former Palestinian homes and villages and how they've been taken over by Israeli settlements.

There was one about the checkpoints between West Jerusalem and Ramallah, and it had "Checkpoint" in the name.

I really loved Shooting Under Fire, which is about the Reuters News photographers in Israel and the West Bank. It shows both sides of the news along with the whole question of what photos are appropriate for display.

And there was one documentary that was nominated for an Academy Award in like 2002? Something like that. I can't remember the name of it right now, but it'll come to me or someone else will know it. It's about the attitudes and beliefs of kids, both Palestinian and Israeli. The filmmakers were shooting for a few months and then they got the idea to bring the kids together. So you had these kids with their intransigent views suddenly seeing that the kids on the other side of the issue were basically just like them. Very touching.