Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjecthi janey
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=94094&mesg_id=94184
94184, hi janey
Posted by rick, Mon Jul-31-06 04:52 PM
just read: grimus, by salman rushdie. it was cool to read his first work, and you can see a lot of the brilliance of his later writing starting to develop. it's also weird that his first book was so out there, but i guess he has a lot of range in general.

i don't know if i would recommend it though, i felt like i was just trying to get through it towards the end.

reading: number 9 dream, by david mitchell. man, janey, thank you for putting me onto this motherfucker. i thought cloud atlas was great, and i like this better i think.

about to read: i ALWAYS let this be a game time decision, rather than deciding ahead of time, so here are the finalists:

the wire: truth be told, by david simon and ed burns, i want to finish this before season 4 starts. (and homicide: life on the killing streets also)

ghostwritten, by david mitchell. the appeal should be obvious.

midnight's children, by slamn rushdie. i want to finish all his stuff before shalimar the clown comes out in october.