Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectpeeped midnight viewing
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=93489&mesg_id=93531
93531, peeped midnight viewing
Posted by LES, Fri Aug-13-10 01:12 PM
i read the comics awhile back, i wish i reread them before seeing this. anyway by and large Svott Pilgrim was a success in my eyes. Captured the fast and furious visual styling. humor was on point, the music was enjoyable. I saw it at the Majestic in Silver Spring there was a pretty decent crowd, mixed but I saw a bunch of Scott Pilgrim nerds some rockin tees one guy dressed as Gideon. I could have done without all the clapping(there was tons). The clapped at the 8 bit Universal logo, but it was cool to be in the room with other people who knew what was going on. I was disappointed by how minor Kim was in the movie, Envy was a blip. Actually the whole movie could have been longer I wouldnt have been mad at another 30 minutes to an hour but I'm guessin that wouldnt fly with most people. Most of the important stuff made its way in but theres only so much you can do with an 112 min run time. Best comic book adaptation I've seen in a bit. Kudos because the trailers made me thing this would be utter shit, glad they didnt spoil anything noteworthy :-)

3/5