Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectI just wanna mention a few movies. Feel free to add on with more.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=92781&mesg_id=92922
92922, I just wanna mention a few movies. Feel free to add on with more.
Posted by agentB, Wed Feb-03-10 10:06 AM
1.) Amelia - LOL...that shit looked like undeniable Oscar fare when the trailer came out. Several months later, it's fallen off the face of the Earth. Hilary Swank looked a lil too cartoonish, which is always a risk with biopics. Ewan McGregor is slowly becoming a pox on your project.

2.) Nine - I also thought this was a sure bet for an Oscar nod pre-release. Daniel Day, Kidman, Dench, Cruz...and a musical? I haven't seen it, but I wonder what happened there. Maybe one of y'all can fill me in.

3.) 9 - I haven't seen this one either, but it was getting metioned in the same breath as Wall-E. Then no best animated nod.

4.) The Time Traveler's Wife - I might be on an island with this one, but it was one of the best movies I've seen this last Oscars cycle. In past years, I wouldn't consider it the kinda movie that the academy would cosign. But given some of the noms this year in best picture category, I don't see how those were better films than this one. Eric Bana put together a very solid year, IMO. This, Star Trek, and his role in Funny People...all memorable appearances. I feel like there's a GREAT role floating around out there for him that he'll meet up with soon.

5.) Moon - If you didn't think that was one of the best performances of the year, male or female, I don't know what to tell you.