Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectIs the OP called "Do people go overboard about Pulp Fiction?"
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=91660&mesg_id=91801
91801, Is the OP called "Do people go overboard about Pulp Fiction?"
Posted by SoulHonky, Wed Apr-23-08 07:59 PM
Because if it is I agree with you and OE. People do go overboard.

-- "This post should sunk quickly, but folks can't run away from a fight with O_E. If that makes me some sort of apostle, that I find this shit very funny, so be it. *shrug*"

The Apostle line stems from the fact that you wrote an entire post discussing OE's strawman and off-topic point about people going overboard. You acted like everyone who disagree with him was saying that critics didn't overanalyze the film.

You basically said "Don't debate OE because he doesn't like it so instead of doing that, I'll pop in and agree with OE on a point that really doesn't matter." And then you proceeded to dismiss critics who overanalyze Quentin Tarantino by overanalyzing Orbit Established.

"So while I don't agree with the fervor with which O_E hates Pulp Fiction, I think it's clear that in between the lists of elements that sucked in the movie and the mentions of how big his dick is, mang, he makes good points about how the critical reception of Pulp Fiction (and QT's career, really) has really inhibited the ability to enjoy QT's works as what they are: flashy, star-studded, hip and cool B-movies. Outside of Jackie Brown, if you look at the film by itself and try to ignore the critical reception and its context in modern film history, I'd say that's just about all they are."

Jeez, and here I thought he said the film was "Not good, at all".

-- "And the Basapostle thing is funny, seeing as how pretty much the only thing we have in common is that we like Duke. Seeing as how I wasn't defending Zeke, I think Eddy Curry sucks, I like AI, I prefer SNL to ILC, and I'm a huge fan of the success of the Frat Pack, I think it's funy that every time I think dude makes a point, there's 5 posters ready with a snarky comment."

Hey, just because you're the Judas of the lot doesn't mean you aren't an Apostle.