Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectyep, speechless cuz he ethered the fuck out of your whole BS argument
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=91660&mesg_id=91738
91738, yep, speechless cuz he ethered the fuck out of your whole BS argument
Posted by McDeezNuts, Mon Apr-21-08 02:45 PM
Your main "point", if we can call it that, is that the movie sucks and everyone likes it only because it's cool to like Pulp Fiction. Because "pop culture" told them it was good.

But he is sitting there telling you that he saw it with no expectations, no hype, no critics and no pop culture telling him it was something special... just him watching a movie.

And he was basically blown away by a great fucking movie. As I was. As were thousands of other moviegoers when the movie came out.

How did the movie get that supposedly undeserved praise and acclaim in the first place?

You can hate the movie. There are people who don't like the movie, as there are for every movie ever made. No one gives a shit, because no movie is for everyone.

But to claim that people "make up reasons" to like it because they want to be cool hipsters and fit in with popular culture --- that argument has no weight whatsoever.

Because people loved the movie before it was cool to love the movie.

So WHY would they "make up" reasons to like the movie?

And who the fuck are you to tell someone which reasons for liking something are valid, and which are "made up"? (answer = no one special, but clearly someone who's self-deluded to the contrary)

Use of the word "zeitgeist" aside, I agree pretty strongly with virtually everything homie said.

And I'm already done arguing with you. You rarely make cogent points, yet spend an excessive amount of time congratulating yourself anyway.