Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectthat's irrelevant.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=90982&mesg_id=91017
91017, that's irrelevant.
Posted by will_5198, Tue Jun-23-09 12:33 PM
my point is Michael Bay movies are successful in what they try to accomplish. the public likes Michael Bay movies. I'm not arguing his name has huge clout alone (besides, a lot of good that did Tarantino for Grindhouse) -- I was countering Claw's statement that Transformers was successful because of a few lucky confluences aside from Bay.

as far as the original Transformers versus Bay's....

so like I said above, the first film just needed more Dinobots (whose existence in itself is pretty hilarious as an integral aspect)? that episode I linked previously had Dinobots -- are we being serious by saying *that* would have made a far superior Transformers movie?

action-wise, your complaints seem more personal than grounded in fundamental difference. considering the same robots ended up fighting each other most episodes, I really don't see the cartoon had more of a "to the death" angle.

Starscream though -- I agree. it'd be another mini plotline woven into an already too long movie, but his betrayals could have been included.