Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectMore revelations...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=9088&mesg_id=9249
9249, More revelations...
Posted by Nettrice, Mon May-19-03 03:21 PM
(from the other post)...the stuff keeps coming up in my head all the time I talk about Reloaded/The Matrix (only saw Reloaded once)...I like the idea of Neo straddling two worlds at once. Both worlds are running side by side, the visible and the invisible. Neo is the ultimate warrior because he is able to straddle both.

In The Matrix the invisible world (Matrix) generates and supports the visible world from inside, like the physical one is thrown across the Matrix like a cover for protection and to keep the game of hide-and-seek going on and on (until Revolutions).

This entire illusion runs on ones and zeros (ons and offs) like the computers the "pilots" use to navigate. When the visible world is one the Matrix is off, like yin and yang. Like The Architect alludes to, this invisible world contains all the information that ever existed or ever will exist. There is no time, no past, no future, just one present moment that keeps going on and on. This is almost like the spiritual world except it is presented as artificial intelligence.

The Animatrix tells the story of how humans began to worship the machines/technology like gods so this idea of a technological/spirit world makes sense.

So Neo crisscrosses between worlds, bringing his Matrix/spirit body out into the real world, while becoming more accustomed to the other side. He is becoming familiar with both sides to the point of being able to transcend or merge them together. Neo can go there (the Matrix) to fly, to recharge, to become empowered, and continue on his path while helping others along the way. It's in this way that Neo is able to foretell the future (Trinity's death) and perhaps change the present based on that knowledge.

Finally, I think the two doors in that room are in all of us. We can choose power or love. It's our choices that define who we are.