Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectinteresting side-note about Cypher
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=9088&mesg_id=9197
9197, interesting side-note about Cypher
Posted by araQual, Fri May-16-03 06:19 PM
i remember reading an article stating that Joe Pantoliano's character would be making another appearance in either Reloaded or Revolutions, but not coming back to life or anything...just appearing in a different way or sumthin like that...

as for my Matrix experience, i came out of the flick feelin a little unfulfilled, like i missed somethin...but after reading through these posts im startin to see a boatload of shit that just plain went over my head. i *really* wanted to analyse the Architect's speech, cos i think that portion of the movie deserves some over-analysis (thanks for the transcript)...im generally inclined to believe the multiple-layer theory, otherwise how can u explain Neo's Matrix-esque attributes in the supposed "real world"? tho i do have one question..

..why did Neo slip into a coma after using his powers on the Sentinels?

also another interesting sumthing i noticed, when Smith is in human form and is cutting himself gettin ready to stab Neo, he cuts himself in a couple of straight lines down his hands. cut to nearing the end of the movie when one of the ship's is destroyed by a Sentinel bomb, when the crew member realises they're gonna be hit and runs thru the ship yelling "incoming! incoming!", and accidentally falls, killing the pilot of the ship b4 the Sentinels could, when his blood hits the screen, it flows down in a few straight lines, like dude cutting his hand. this might also allude to the fact that they're actually still in the Matrix construct.

that said, who can be sure exactly WHAT happened that lead to the creation of the Matrix, and what's exactly outside in the real world? i've seen the Animatrix explanation ("the first renaissance" piece) and it seemed like a logical series of events...i dunno. it just seems that if indeed there is a world within a world within the REAL world...how can u be sure of anything?

i thought it was pretty nice to see Morpehus' reasoning and zeal be brought down by the one person he has absolure faith in. it'll be interesting to see where he goes from here in terms of his beliefs...in many ways he seems blinded by his absolute faith in Neo, so...yeh...all interesting...

also wonder what part Zee will play in all of this? she was sposed to play a bigger part in the third movie...

V.