Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectRE: the smith/bane dillemma
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=9088&mesg_id=9162
9162, RE: the smith/bane dillemma
Posted by OminousEther, Fri May-16-03 12:26 AM
These Theories came out of a lenthy discussion had at the movie conclusion with friends who also attended the movie with me.
If you agree/disagree with my rantings thats fine, all these are most personal view of what the movie was about.

My Matrix Reloaded Theories

Neo- Is a Jesus like character, in reloaded he has more advance power due to what I believe is the result of both Neo and Agent Smith ramming through each others bodies at the end of the first Matrix. I figure that they most have uploaded and downloaded new abilities from each other, which seems to have resulted in a shared connection with each other (They can sense each others presence). At a key part at the end of the film Neo is able to minipulate the sentinels from outside the Matrix; this seems to be an upgraded skill.

Morpheus-Morpheus parallels John the Baptist in proclaiming that Neo is "The One", just like John the Baptist predicts that Jesus, the Son of God, will come and take the sin of the world.
This piece is taken from an article that can be found here http://personal.centenary.edu/~rgroenlu/matrix.htm.

John the Baptist, the last of the prophets and the forerunner of our Lord, was a man of the desert. The son of a priestly line, born of aged parents as if by a miracle, brought up as a Nazareth, that is, dedicated from birth to God's service with lifelong obligations never to shave, take wine, or indulge in human pleasures. He lived in the wilderness, (Qumran) a rugged and magnetic figure, clothed in the skin of a camel, living on locusts and wild honey.

He is the most startling figure in the Gospel narrative, a man of mystery, not as other men, bronzed by the desert sun, with piercing words of ominous malediction, uncompromising and aggressive. No greater contrast can be imagined than the appearance by the river of this prophet of fire and the figure of Jesus as 'the Lamb of God.'

Crowds followed him, held by his hypnotic power and rugged eloquence and lashed by his bitter invective. "You offspring of vipers, who has warned you to flee from the wrath to come? Bring forth fruits meet for repentance. The axe is laid to the rotten trees." The wheat is being threshed and the stubble burnt in the empty fields. It was the voice of the old dispensation, the last echo of Moses and Elijah, the final challenge of the fire and thunder of the God of the ancient Jews.

But John also prepared the way for Jesus, and with all his fierceness exercised a vital and realistic ministry. With it went a surprising humility and tenderness, for he recognized his own limitations and that he was but a forerunner and a road-builder; and when the time came, he graciously made way for our Lord. He shrank even from the thought of baptizing Him, and spoke of Him with wonder and devotion. I am not the Christ, he said, I am but a voice. "He that comes after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear."

This information came from http://www.dreamwater.org/walknmud1/jesusdiscovered.html

In the Matrix RL Morpheus's undying faith in Neo as "The One" is questioned by many in Zion.

Agent Smith- Because of the exchange of body contact with Neo, Agent Smith too incurred an upgrade. Smith's duplication to me parallels the actions of a computer virus that is able to infect and replicate its self within Programs. I believe that it was this new found power that got him release from the Matrix Agency; he had become a hazard to the system. This scenario parallels a computer program that is infected with an unwanted virus and tries to expel the damaging process within it with the help of an anti-virus program (Which could be the unaffected Agents).

The Oracle- "The all knowing", To me "The Oracle" represents a database program where mounds and mounds of Information are stored. I believe that is her function in the Matrix, to provide information relating to problems; with all the choices made available by The Oracle's database it is still up to you to choose your own destiny regarding the many choices given. Neo asked questions "The Oracle" answered to the best of her "program's" capabilities.

Seraph- His role is to at as a Security program to protect "The Oracle" from malicious programs/Viruses as displayed by his fighting (Analyzing) Neo before entering to see "The Oracle".

The Keymaker- His role is to generate Keys (passwords) for entry in to "Back Door" areas of the Matrix.

The Twins- Are the Aberrations of old programs in the Matrix

The Architect- Is the creator of "The Matrix" (Kind of like God)

The Source- Is like a program's Source Code, with it you can view how the program works and make alterations to the code and change the overall functions and abilities of the program.

The Title, Matrix: Reloaded- At the end of Matrix Reloaded Neo is given two choices by “The Architect” and Zion gets destroyed and must be rebuilt. To me this is like when a computer program completely crashes and must be “Reloaded” and settings must be enter from scratch.

Again just a few of my theories of the film :)