Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectCereffusion's Take:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=9088&mesg_id=9160
9160, Cereffusion's Take:
Posted by cereffusion, Thu May-15-03 07:53 PM
1) I enjoyed the dance scene. Zion is supposed to be the last human city, the last hope. What's more human than dancing and music? Once the crew returns to Zion, we're introduced to their humanity. Morpheus' ex-girl left him for butt-chin, Link's wife is all upset over him not being around, Neo and Trinity just wanna fuck, and there's an annoying guy running around (which isn't explained yet?). So the dancing/music/sex scense is merely a collage of humanity - it did go a bit too long, but I understand its placement and appreciate it.

2) If this was merely the 6th cycle, then would not there have already been 5 Agent Smiths that developed the multiplicity power? And wouldnt they already be running around? Being an Agent, wouldn't Smith know that would happen to him? Or does Everything reset after each cycle?

3. If that happened(the complete reset), then wouldn't the Oracle be a mere program(performing the same task over and over, like the key master) and not the "mother of the matrix?" And since the Oracle predicted that Trinity would love Neo - and none of the previous "Ones" felt the love...then who decided that Neo and Trinity would love, and thus "end" the cycle?

4. Why did "Smith/Bane?" cut his hand and then just simply tell Neo "oh...good luck." If it is Smith that is Bane, then wouldn't that be effing with the cycle, since he survived the Zion attack? And if Smith is Bane, and can change BACK to the person he took over, then why can he bleed and be human? If Smith could take over a human, but still maintained human attributes, then Neo would have easily killed some of those Smith clones. And why would Bane have survived the attack, if he was still just human -- this part is confusing the more I think about it.

5. The race representations. Every Agent, the French Guy and The Architect are white guys. Every program that helps the humans is a minority: Oracle, her guardian and the Key Master. Zion is filled with minorities: Lock is the commander, the head of the Council was a woman...

The only "bad guy" that wasn't white was the one Asian dude that had the shield and sword at the restaurant.

6. What was the point of Cypher in the original movie, if the Machines could just burrow to Zion and destroy it with ease? Why bother? It would seem like they could have just as easily kidnapped Morpheus without Cypher, thus leading to Neo's realization that he is the one?

That's it for now, I'm sure I'll be back -- I'm a huge Matrix fan, and I LOVED this movie. I plan on seeing it again in a few days, hopefully it'll clear some things up.