Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectRE: Theories and Guesses
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=9088&mesg_id=9116
9116, RE: Theories and Guesses
Posted by DawgEatah, Thu May-15-03 08:21 AM
>I haven't figured the purpose of The Matrix or the French
>guy.

Not sure about the french dude's role outside of displaying the Oracles explanation of old programs that found a way to survive, but I would assume that the Matrix serves the purpose it was said to serve, only on a higher level, with perhaps more failsafes than we expected. i figured the Matrix is a multilayered construct with the first layer being the one we saw in the first movie which we know about, whose purpose is to appease the minds of the majority of the crop/population. Then the second layer, which is what we were led to believe is the "REal World. However the REal World is actually just another layer of the matrix for those that hack past the first wall (Neo, Morpheus, hackers, etc.), or in other words, those that do not accept the first matrix as reality.

Neo, being the exrta-special The One (vs. his failed predecessors) i would theorize is different because he will see past the second matrix (cuz he is the best hacker ever, i guess) and then he hacks this new layer of the Matrix thus being able to use his powers in the so-called "Real World."

Another Question: So is Neo's purpose to destroy the machines and deconstruct the matrix, or is his purpose to find a way for Machines and Humans to share the planet? Either way it would break "the cycle."

Back from the dead.

坐中之中中坐中之中中坐中之中中坐中之中中坐中之中中坐中之中中坐中之中中坐中之

Disgust is an appropriate reaction to most situations. ~Jenney Holzer

Every battle is a chance to see another cat lose to me/I don't write battle raps. I write eulogies. ~Blueprint

Every dog has his day, and even more so in rhymin'/So I decided that I'd never play the fire hydrant. ~Blueprint