Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectMatrix Reloaded *SPOILERS ABOUND* thread
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=9088&mesg_id=9088
9088, Matrix Reloaded *SPOILERS ABOUND* thread
Posted by DawgEatah, Thu May-15-03 05:13 AM
WARNING: This post and this thread will have lots and lots of ******SPOILERS******.

I am having a lot of trouble figuring out and accepting Reloaded. Now the directing flaws aside (e.g. too much bullet time, etc.) I am trying to work out all the info given in this film.

SPOILERS NOW:

The whole original logic of the film (to put it really really simply)is that in the real world they are just normal people, but in the Matrix they can "hack" the system and be sort of Superheros, right? And then Neo stops the Sentinels in the real world with his "powers?" This means one of two things: 1) the worse explanation is that his powers as the One extend beyond the Matrix. that would make the whole franchise suck in my opinion. so let us give them the benefit of the doubt and move to 2) when they return to the "real world" they are actually still in the Matrix.

I know that most of the answers to all this mystery and potential plot twists lie in the damn scene with the Architect, but there is a lot of double-talk and counfounded speech to digest and work through. I feel I need to see it again to make an appropriate assessment of the film.

Basically I want to hear what y'all's theories are because I kinda feel disappointed in the movie overall. However, I also feel that there is potential for the film to redeem some of it's shortcomings if the story is good enough, and with all these twists and turns, I am no longer confident that I know exactly what that is anymore. And this gives me a little hope.

Post your theories here and let's pick this muhfuh apart.

Back from the dead.

坐中之中中坐中之中中坐中之中中坐中之中中坐中之中中坐中之中中坐中之中中坐中之

Disgust is an appropriate reaction to most situations. ~Jenney Holzer

Every battle is a chance to see another cat lose to me/I don't write battle raps. I write eulogies. ~Blueprint

Every dog has his day, and even more so in rhymin'/So I decided that I'd never play the fire hydrant. ~Blueprint