Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectI'm sorry if I seem touchy but...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=90241&mesg_id=90253
90253, I'm sorry if I seem touchy but...
Posted by Mr Mech, Mon Jul-03-06 08:39 AM
Thus far, meaning from people at school, I've recieved more criticism than critique...so to speak, all rhymes intended. I've been told over and over again what I "should" have done instead of being asked questions or given suggestions that will help me figure out how to make the project more enjoyable for future audiences.

At school, and I'm not saying this applies to you, the comments I've recieved from my peers (only one faculty member was willing to sit down and have an extended conversation about the film) are more about proving to themselves that they're a great filmmaker by proving that everyone else is an awful filmmaker. I'm sure you can understand how frustrating this is to a person who has spent years looking forward to joining an artist's community where everyone is more concerned about learning than postering.

If it feels that I was venting on you that's because I'm letting off steam that I can't at school due to, and it pains me to say this, politics. It's not that your comments aren't valid and grounded but they are disquieting reminders.

Ultimately, I have to say thank you for taking the time to watch the film closely enough that you can make articulate comments, but I'd also appecriate it if you could watch the film again with what I've said above in mind and help me make a film that's fun and enjoyable.

Mech