Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectAs for your questions...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=90241&mesg_id=90244
90244, As for your questions...
Posted by Mr Mech, Mon Jul-03-06 12:02 AM
>...what was your intention with this film? What were you
>trying to do/say with this?

Ultimately, the film was meant to be a fun, very off beat comedy that focused on questions like "What do you do when you're dead and bored?" and "What if there was a class system after death?". But, after the lead actress and the producer quit and there were only three people to crew the film, a lot was exchanged for simply getting it done. It truly pains me to say that because it violates a key principle of mine.

>Also, since you appear to be so
>unhappy with the film, what do you intend on changing in
>future drafts of the final cut?

I'm not unhappy with the film, it's far from what we envisioned in a lot of ways but I think it looks great, it has great performances and is a lot of fun to watch.

As for future drafts: the soundtrack will change a lot, there were some problems with a mic that need to be fixed, more folly sounds need to be added and I'll be doing a supervised transfer to bring more uniformity to the cinematography, as well as some cropping. Editing wise, I'm at somewhat of a loss. This draft was done in about two weeks when it should take several months. I need none UM student suggestions to get a more objective opinion.

>That being said, after seeing your film and Ryan's, I'm REALLY
>starting to think that I should go into acting.

Elaborate.

I'm really looking forward to what you have to say.

Mech