Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectUnlike you, I can intelligently explain my reasoning.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=89713&mesg_id=89747
89747, Unlike you, I can intelligently explain my reasoning.
Posted by Orbit_Established, Thu Dec-15-05 06:49 PM

And also, I don't manufacture the list of movies I like from how accepted it makes me in a circle of artsy fartsy film types.

I think 'Hustle and Flow' is better than 'Finding Neverland' by leaps and bounds.

I think 'Any Given Sunday' was better than 'American Beauty'.

I think 'Barbershop 2' is far better film, CINEMATICALLY speaking, than 'A History of Violence'.

And I think so from an experienced cinematic eye, not from the mind of a 16 year old suburban commando.

And I always argue my points intelligently. I can do so because I don't build my intellectual self esteem from the movies I like.

You guys, on the other hand, carry y'all netflix queues like they are tickets to a social circle.

As to Pulp Fiction:

You guys completely manufacture reasons to like 'Pulp Fiction', and no, "the dialogue" not maketh a full length motion picture.

Some of you say its because of the stupid, deliberate macguffin-tarantino-biter-isms.

Some of you point to it being a brilliant examination of the role of spirituality and miracles.

Some of you point to it being a resounding tale of redemption

Some of you guys say because its a social commentary on the white man's relationship with the black man.

Some of you say its because the film's exploration of the criminal underworld.

Not only are all of these completely artificial, y'all don't even lie about them convincingly. That is why I'm so maligned around here--I make y'all feel uneasy about your own 'Pulp Fiction' views. I mean seriously -- If 'Pulp Fiction' was really about "redemption" it is easily the worst redemption film in the history of humankind. Easily.

Me, on the other hand, laid out exactly what went on and why I liked 'I Robot'.

I can point to scenes that DIRECTLY(as in aren't super insinuated-inside humor-inconspicuous-suitcases and squares)point to a DISTINCT meaning, not some bullshit that needs to be teased apart over 3 gallons of mochafrappamochamochamochamocha.

Don't be mad, doggy.

>that lavishly praising i, robot while continually bashing
>pulp fiction invalidates your opinion on pretty much
>everything.

----------------------------

O_E: Your Super-Ego's Favorite Poster.

"Any fighter that I face, I say prayers for them every night and that he and I live to fight another day."

(C) Floyd Mayweather Jr.