Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectit was a great 2.5 hour trailer for matrix: revloutions
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=8921&mesg_id=9074
9074, it was a great 2.5 hour trailer for matrix: revloutions
Posted by SankofaII, Mon May-19-03 04:29 AM

i didnt have any expectations for it..its a sequel and sequels rarely surpass the originals in terms of quality.

i enjoyed it...granted, there was MORE emphasis on dialogue..which id id like.

it was fine..it was a solid 3 star movie. nothing more, nothing less.

Carrie Anne-Moss owned it, IMHO--hell this is the SECOND time she opened the film..that in itself should be something to think about.

Laurence Fishburne--love him as Morpheus, but his speech in the cave was irritating..just too over the top..i was expecting him to say "Can you dig it?" warriors style..

Keanu Reeves--gotta love the "deer in the headlights" motif he gives off..he's PERFECT as clueless, dopey Neo who is still realizing that he's part of the matrix, etc.

Jada Pinkett-Smith: i hope her role is expanded in Revolutions cause she was SEVERLY one note here...and ididnt see why folk were so hyped for her cause she didnt do much of anything.

Nona Gaye: same as Jada...ALTHOUGH i do see Zee as getting revenge for Dozier's death in Matrix I--that would HAVE to be her primary motivation in Matrix: Revolutions. would she go after Bane? that's the question.

LOVE Mary Alice but Gloria Foster was fierce as The Oracle. finally, a mainstream, i.e. larger audience got a taste of who Gloria was as an actress. But, mary alice will do well in the third movie. (SPOILER: the oracle takes on many forms, so Mary Alice is stepping in for Foster, who died in 2001 i believe)

it was decent...and this IS the FIRST film in which black folks figured PROMINENTLY into a sci fi film. its about time...

Matrix Reloaded: something id see no more than twice, and ONLY during matinee.

Ryan