Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectMy Review no spoilers not much to say
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=8921&mesg_id=9048
9048, My Review no spoilers not much to say
Posted by EmceeGrayMatter, Fri May-16-03 08:21 AM
In my mind The Matrix (original) was the greatest Movie ever...(not exactly my favorite but)usually when you have great movies the sequels fail to live up to the standard and basically suck...so it is in my opinion that on a list of sequels to good/great movies, "The Matrix Reloaded" is the Greatest sequel to a good/great movie ever...

It's simply a follow up...it's what goes on afterwards with out trying to be a film all its own...it didn't bring anything original to the table (which is why I won't say it's better than the original) but it did manage to raise the bar (which makes it a great sequel)...

the story line is AT LEAST 2x's more complex than the original...yet and still if you pay attention it's almost like this

analogy: they start off a sentence speaking maybe 2 words of english or what ever language you do understand...the next part of it is in a language you don't understand then the LAST FEW WORDS ARE BACK TO ENGLISH(or what ever)...in any case it is so clever yet so simple that all you really have to do is ignore the parts you don't understand...take the parts you do and piece it all together...

there are some scenes that aren't as entertaining to every one nor do they play an integral part to the plot...yet I think they were worth the while simply because they set and maintain an ambiance for the progression of the film (set) all together...

the action...is like this...take every fighting scene or action scene you ever seen from any movie and multiply it by 10 then to set the mood (for every single scene) throw in the final fight scene from Jackie Chan's "Who Am I"...and you Have the matrix...

I don't think they over used the CGI...it's just that there are parts in every action scene where it is way too obvious to see...and it feels like it wasn't exactly essential...

Yes there's a love story to it...yet it's not as sappy or as cheesy as the one in "Star Wars Attack of the Clones"... and it doesn't clog or saturate the story line as much as the one in "Star Wars Attack of the Clones either".

although the finally to "The Matrix Reloaded" leaves something to be desired (even more so to those who are not aware of the next and final installment to the series) I must admit that overall this was a beautiful film and I'm going to see it again...in fact I'm buying the bootleg after I see it for the second time...

wrap up with the only negative parts being...

the story line can come off more complicated than it really is to the average jo

you can spot the CGI at various point

there's maybe 15-30 minutes of film you don't really need to see

and there's maybe 15-30 minutes of film left off at the end...

My overall score...

9.5 out of 10

if you saw "AI" and wanted you're money back like me...then you'll love "The Matrix Reloaded..."