Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectvery disapointing
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=8921&mesg_id=9023
9023, very disapointing
Posted by DrNO, Thu May-15-03 04:28 PM
the zion shit was worse than Waterworld. They talk about vampires etc. and neo kills them easily and they do nothing they were hyped up to be capable of. Zion was awful. One of those dudes was a wherewolf and monica belluci had to kill one with silver bullets but neo just stabbed him? Agent Smith sucked i mean Neo whupped his ass last time. The Wire Fu got really boring. The brawl was really boring to0. Zion was awful. Why wasnt there more of the merovingian he was the only character with a personality. Zion was awful and why was Morpheus wearing that ridiculous outfit for his speech, i guess it was kind of fitting though. What happened to Neos powers?
The twins were cool, the architect was cool, and so was the freeway scene but the plot was just really really contrived and bloated. I dont think the wachowskis had planned the matrix to go past the first one but just left it open for a sequel. They seem to have realized that by making Neo all powerful and able to expose the matrix as a false reality to all the people wouldnt allow the sequels to be filled with kung fu and big explosions. So they just kind of wrote his powers away hoping people wouldnt care. I dont get how they could introduce the idea of vampires etc. and not do anything with it.
They should have destroyed Zion at the start of the film because i was happy to hear it had been destroyed after being subjected to an hour of its dullness.
As a summer blockbuster it was okay, but as a sequel to the matrix its unworthy.