Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectRE: Official Matrix Reloaded Review Thread
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=8921&mesg_id=8990
8990, RE: Official Matrix Reloaded Review Thread
Posted by godman, Thu May-15-03 01:39 AM
I thought it was a really good movie. It doesn't blow the 1st movie out the water because the first movie was the first to introduce everything and therefore it's difficult to compete on that level.

Sensory overload, I have to watch alot of the fight scenes again, alot of cool shit happening.

I see alot of people complaining about the 1st half of the movie and how is was boring or chessy but let us not forget that beside the I know Kung-fu fight between Neo and morphues that there was about a whole hr where nothing happened in the Matrix(yeah they explained what it was, blaha blah.)

Also I belive the part where Neo is told what the Matrix is was pretty damn chessy but it was because we were told what the Matrix was that the scene didn't seem chessy.

The only think I didn't like was that The Virtual Cinemotagraphy looked un-real at some parts during the Burly Brawl(Neo vs. 100 Agents Smiths).
But I belive that this is what happened: The Directors wanted th show a fight where Neo is fight dozens of people to show you how powerful he is. They concieved this scence and shot it hoping that in post-production they could pull it off well. I belive they too saw how poor it looked at certain times but had no choice and couldn't edit it down because they spent alot of TIME, MONEY, AND ENERGY and also it would've been like hell to edit.

Overall it was a great flick and I think people need to digest the film and realize it had a hell of job to do to live up to the hype and I believed it sufficed or came pretty damn close.