Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectIll try the second question...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=8921&mesg_id=8980
8980, Ill try the second question...
Posted by BigReg, Thu May-15-03 02:06 AM
SPOILER!!!!

Basically, what I got out of it was this. Since they can never perfect the matrix enough to make it totally belieavable, they use test subjects that they let roam around in the Matrix and gather data from them. Test subjects would be the people in Zion. The 'One' is just a method they set up to gather the information once the One reaches the end of the road like Neo did in this movie. When he reaches the end, they assimilate him, use the data to build a more realistic and better Matrix, decimate Zion, and leave enough survivors for the cycle to start again. Door #2 with Neo took was rejecting their offer of assimilating him, and according to the Architect they would rather destroy the Matrix and the inhabitants inside, then continue with the flawed model they would have without Neos' information.

As far as the first question goes, with the Matrix born programs, I think it was the Oracle that dropped lines along the fact of that there's many layers to the Matrix so I kinda got the same thing you did. However, considering how they were living in the world of the Matrix, it seems Agent Smith was a minority in his feelings towards it. They just use the Matrix as their own personal playground, living like Rock Stars and enjoying it.