Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectAWESOMELY TERRIBLE!!!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=88316&mesg_id=88435
88435, AWESOMELY TERRIBLE!!!
Posted by ternary_star, Tue Jul-03-07 10:22 PM
the transformers in this movie are amazing. they can honestly not get any better with special effects. the character designs are flawed - WAY too busy - but the actual animation, transformations, effects, etc. are like 2 or 3 levels above anything else that's every been done in film.

the problem is michael bay.

this mother fucker can't just tell a simple story. he has to have 5 useless storylines, a forced, shitty romance and the entire US armed forces involved in every fucking movie he makes.

he just has SO. MUCH. SHIT. going on, it makes you naceous.

and why is EVERY GOD DAMN SHOT DONE WITH SHAKY-CAM? jesus fucking christ, man. you have the best special effects ever made, but i can't make any of it out because you keep SHAKING THE FUCKING CAMERA. i would have KILLED to have those action scenes shot with a locked-down camera.

and some of this dialogue...holy fucking christ...unbeLEEEEEEveably corny.

it's a really awful movie, but worth seeing just for the autobots.

oh, and i love how Bumblebee gets his fucking voice back for no god damn reason. amazing writing, guys.

oh, and how a retarded black guy can hook up a computer from 1980 to a radio from 1940 and output morris code to the Air Force miles away. fucking brilliant.