Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectTwas aiiiiiiiight. A few great nostalgic moments. But overall? Meh
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=88316&mesg_id=88358
88358, Twas aiiiiiiiight. A few great nostalgic moments. But overall? Meh
Posted by jigga, Fri Jun-29-07 11:39 AM
I gotta admit I was pretty giddy after the 1st "transformation" & old school transforming sound even if the sound didn't really mesh well w/ the actual transformation.

If you were a HUGE fan of the toys like me when I was young then you just gotta love when Shia rubs his thumb across the center of the steering wheel after he sits in Bumblebee for the 1st time & the autobot sign is revealed. I was grinnin like the fucking Joker after that scene

Also had to love how the more than meets the eye line was used. I had a feeling Bay threw it in there regretfully outta retrospect. Throwing it in again at the end was overkill tho.

Some of the action was cool but at other times it was hard to tell what was goin on. And I don't think it was just because I was sitting so close.

The 1st time 1 of the transformers talks the whole audience started cracking up. People thought Batman's growl was bad? Wait till you hear this shit.

And I'm convinced now that the only reason why Bumblebee was a Camaro instead of a Bettle is because Chevy was willing to pay for it & VW wasnt. Just like obviously Pontiac was willing to cough up some dough to get their Solstice in there as well.

I liked Shia, Tuturro, Fox & Taylor but the rest of acting besides a funny moment or two (some will consider it cooning) from AA & Mac, the rest of the acting was laughably cheesy.

C+ mostly for the nostalgia factor. I cant imagine peeps not familiar with the toys or the old show enjoying it very much.