Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectFucking great movie
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=8824&mesg_id=8846
8846, Fucking great movie
Posted by johnbook, Wed May-21-03 08:59 PM
I just watched it. Awesome, awesome, awesome. The continuity was still there, the trademark shots, and... just beautiful. I pretty much ignored Rosario Dawson beforehand. Someone said that she *isn't* normally like this, so are there any movies where she is, or has she not developed as well?

I also like Spike's tendency to be open-ended in many of his films, and yet you know it is "the end". I remember reading the book for "Do The Right Thing" where he specifically stated in his contract that there would never be a part 2, and I would assume that this applies to most if not all of his films.

Didn't someone say that his movies are generally too New York-centric? What's wrong with that? Spike Lee is a man that represents his home in much of his work. Even if most people cannot understand some of the ins and outs of NYC, there is an appreciation for the place that gave him his roots. Good or bad, it doesn't matter.

p.e.a.c.e.
-John Book