Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectRE: The Official Spiderman 3 Post
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=86338&mesg_id=86483
86483, RE: The Official Spiderman 3 Post
Posted by Beamer6178, Sun May-06-07 10:56 PM
not that i'm personally offended or anything, i loved the movie and to each their own, but from reading some of the criticisms, i think some people need to step back and put this in perspective.

the love scenes are ALWAYS gonna be cheesy. peter is a NERD, and MJ wasn't exactly a girl from park avenue. i mean what are people expecting, refined and mature love? i see gayer shit on a daily basis between real life people all the time.

also, the train fight scene in spiderman 2 wasn't even the best fight scene in THAT movie. the bank shit was more action, he spent a good 5 minutes stopping the train then getting google eyes from all the passengers.

and again, he's a NERD. seeing him being "cool" and still felt a bit out of place, because it's just not him.

and with regards to the whole "what happened to the crane?" what happened to the rest of the people in spidey one after he saved MJ when green goblin first attacked? nobody gave a shit after that. it's kind of implied that if there's no more attention it's prolly because it's done.

like i said, i'm not bothered that people didn't enjoy the movie as much as me, but there's a lot of nitpicking that wasn't done with the first two. it IS based on a comic book, after all.