Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectRE: a few quick responses, minor spoiilers...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=86338&mesg_id=86377
86377, RE: a few quick responses, minor spoiilers...
Posted by gluvnast, Fri May-04-07 09:24 AM
i pretty much agree with homie's view of this movie overall

here's how i took it without TRYING to spill too much...

the lead characters were great as usual...i always love the fact that tobey macguire kept the peter parker character in its truest form in all three films, and that's being the ultimate nerd/geek...even while possessed from the suit, he still effectively came off as a fuckin' nerd of all nerds....

the best "villian" was ironically the new goblin, and james franco's performance overall was great as well...

the BIGGEST disappointment, yet i sorta expected to be a disappointment, but hoped that somehow he will deliver was tropher grace, ESPECIALLY when he was venom, he DID NOT play a convincing venom at all..even though i DID like the suit, somewhut

i remember sam raimi admitting to say he never really cared for vemon and it was NEVER his intention to have him in ANY spiderman movies, but did anyway because of the demand of the fans, and you can tell thru this movie that it was sorta a forced situation, even though the storyline was PROBABLY the most authentic to the actual comic book (with the exception of how it end, it DID end somewhut similar, but with eddie brock incarcerated & forever trapped with the suit)

the special effects for the SANDMAN was AMAZING, but the storyline was shitty as fuck! and how that ENDED was shitty as hell, as if they wanted to rush that conclusion which really wasn't a complete conclusion.....

also the fight scene were dope, but TOO short which i dunno if that was a good thing or a bad thing, because it somewhut left me wanting to see more...

i think, really, the BIGGEST flaw about this movie was that there was TOO much going on...too many villians all at once, which made most of the storylines feel rushed and incomplete with the exception original storyline that threaded thru the entire trilogy of the triangle between harry, peter, and mary jane....

i dunno the reason BEHIND being so much is so that can conclude this in being a trilogy without anymore spiderman movies, or because they wanted to go over-the-top with it...but truthfully it was too much...

but it's still overall a great movie