Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectMOST OVER-RATED FILM EVER?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=85668&mesg_id=85834
85834, MOST OVER-RATED FILM EVER?
Posted by zuma1986, Sat Jan-17-09 12:12 AM
I liked the film thought it was 7/10, but that's being kind. This film isn't that great, the soundtrack was decent, the acting was impressive at times, depending on the age but overall the film was decent.

I mean first of all, how does he not get over this little girl that he knew for a month but somehow got over his mom's death like that.

2nd she wanted nothing to do with, she continually rejected him, even choosing his brother over him. I mean ppl keep saying this film is about fate but that's really more the game not the rest of things. She wanted NOTHING to do with him until he was going to win that money. I mean can you say gold digger? Also why can't he get the msg she doesn't want anything to do with him, if that happened in real life EVERYBODY would say he's the most pathetic person ever but for some reason it's destiny when in film form.

3rd the msg ain't even that deep (everything happens for a reason? really pretty much heard and acknowledged that concept in my mid-teens), so why do they beat me over my head for 2 hours?

4th do you really want me to believe they're going to let the kid go to the washroom alone without security in the middle of answering a question? Makes no sense what's so ever.

This film was alright but ppl need to start watching actual films and not 1 film all year and transformers the rest of the year and praise the 1 film they saw as the greatest film of the year b/c it's not. It's sad that ppl will probably only see this film and skip Milk, The Wrestler, Grand Torino, Synecdoche New York, hell even JCVD JEAN CLAUDE VAN DAMME"S FILM was better than slumdog.