Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectRE: The fate/destiny interpretation is a shallow understanding of the movie.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=85668&mesg_id=85829
85829, RE: The fate/destiny interpretation is a shallow understanding of the movie.
Posted by denny, Mon Jan-19-09 08:40 AM
Some interesting points but I'm not sure what your main point is.

"He wrote his own destiny and had a little luck as well"?

I don't understand how that makes more sense of the film. His character could be described as a 'passenger' in this film. He reacted to his circumstances....he didn't have the education/power to be proactive. He just kept surviving and adapting to life's challenges. I don't think the moviemakers portray him as writing his own destiny. If anything, that's his brother's story.

And if I'm not mistaken, the final question was the only one he didn't actually know which meant that he simply guessed the answer. He got the answer right because he was destined to.

This movie is a fairytale...so there's no need to apologize or try to justify the coincidences/luck. It'd be like criticising Cinderella because pumpkins can't turn into carraiges.