Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectSlumdog Millionaire (2008) 4/5
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=85668&mesg_id=85713
85713, Slumdog Millionaire (2008) 4/5
Posted by astralblak, Mon Dec-22-08 06:59 PM
second best movie i seen all year outside of the Dark Knight and thats not saying much, because i got about 20 films i have yet to see, but it is very good. i dont understand all this fate destiny shit people are talking about, but i do believe its riff on city of god's set and color pallet and cinematography was done very well. the film also alluded to some serious social and political struggles in india such as Hindi vs. Muslims conflict, India's process of westernized Industrialization, and the explotation of homeless/negleted children, which served as a backdrop for the development of the three main characters. and the who wants to be a millionaire plot did not bother me at all. i thought the interaction and chemistry between jamal and the host was excellent. not to add there were many very disturbing and funny moments within the film which played well off of each other, never allowing the viewer to sit too comfortably within the devolopment of the story. for the first 75% of the film i would have given it a straight 5 stars, but than it slipped into hollywoods hands and forced itself into the romantic love conquers all narrative that just became silly by the end, plus Salim's death was mad corny. all in all i think the bollywood homoage during the credits was a nice touch to much of the films seriousness. thank creative minds everywhere sumthing outside of the dark knight was really really really worth my money this year