Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectThe Sopranos
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=84673&mesg_id=84833
84833, The Sopranos
Posted by Big Chief Rumbletummy, Wed Sep-20-06 10:02 AM

In Season 1, the episode in which Tony is so depressed he's basically comatose, he's in the office with Dr. Melfi and they're going over all the things making him so depressed and what he could do about it, all of which he shoots down negatively. Almost completely exasperated Melfi suggests he "get away for a while"...to which he suddenly brightens, "You mean like Vegas?!". The way Gandolfini delivers the next line is so fucking priceless. I have rewound and rewound that shit innumerable times, just breaking down every single way in which that line is perfect. That line deserves its OWN appreciation post.

Something About Mary - during the "7 Minute Abs" scene, near the end of Harland Williams' psychotic ramble he just blurts out the classic "step in my office? you're fuckin fired!!". But for me, as great as that ramble is, he owes Ben Stiller so much for his brilliant straight man performance right there. The response to the "step in my office" was textbook perfect comic timing influction. Another great little moment from that film is a Matt Dillon moment: Ben Stiller bursts into his office and MD stands up and for whatever reason, his pants are not only unbuttoned but halfway sliding down his ass.

Robert DeNiro's delivery of "the hoof" in GoodFellas. Words can't do that delivery justice.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - the way David Cross's character treats his wife. When they roll to the beach and unload the stuff from the car he grabs his little model plane and weed box and just sticks his better half with carrying all the heavy stuff. Its a miniscule little part and if you look the other way you might miss it but it cracks me up every time