Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectRE: Really good movie....but..
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=82988&mesg_id=83238
83238, RE: Really good movie....but..
Posted by GoodMusic, Sat Mar-17-07 02:07 PM
I'm just amazed, I really have the ask...

would you still consider the film racist had the Spartans been played by American actors with a little more color? Would it have been less racist if they made sure to show some crazy white guys in Xerxes army as well? Or remove all black characters, ensuring only Persian, Arabian, and Central Asian characters (the core of the empire) were hired?

For real, the film wasn't attempting to have a moral arguement with itself. I can't even imgaine how rediculously lame adding stuff like

"ohh, well Xerxes just conquers, but allows all to maintain government and their religion". They never really conquered peoples, just land and resources. Should Zach have added 1 hour of political commentary to the film, arguing the morality of Spartan man-boy love culture and the disposal of "weak"?

That's what you wanted? A moral and political discussion right smack dab in the middle of a sweet hack-em war movie?

You clowns need to stop, analyze your argument, AND REALIZE THE FILM WAS SIMPLY A GRAPHIC, COOL HACK-EM FLICK.