Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjecti bet you white
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=82988&mesg_id=83232
83232, i bet you white
Posted by kayru99, Sat Mar-17-07 08:01 AM
here's why:

This shit had OBVIOUS racial pretext. Not subtext, pretext. The comic was the same way

I mean, the persian army was filled with exoticized people of color. Freaks and monsters led by a 9 ft tranny with too much eye make-up on.

The spartan allusions to fighting for "reason and democracy" against "tyranny and mysticism"...the spartans all being very un-Mediterranean in appearance (I mean, Leonidas had a Scottish accent, playa)...the persians were pretty much cannon fodder, all interchangeable, but the first dead spartan on screen was a traumatic event...the persian army was filled with giants, freaks and non-white people, which is as about as obvious a dehumanizing a tactic as possible.

I mean, I could go on, but your retort will be "But its a MOVIE" or "you're a cunt"

Cuz this movie obviously means waaaay more to you than it prolly should, and the complaints of people who were offended by it means waaay less than they prolly should.

hey, what can you do