Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectRE: you're insane
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=82988&mesg_id=83211
83211, RE: you're insane
Posted by God Loves Ugly, Wed Mar-14-07 05:38 PM
Clearly, your ability to read between the lines and basic comprehension skills are falling a little short today.

>you were talking about history there, not the graphic novel.

Yes, I asked if those events happened in history. I didn't ask about what the empire consisted of, or a historical account of Xerxes characteristics. You came back with the Xerxes/tranvestite remark out of nowhere. You BROUGHT in the graphic novel in responding to my questions.

I chose my words carefully when speaking of the historical context. Why? Because that is what the movie is based on - the EVENTS. This isn't a character piece about Leonidas, Xerxes, the Spartans, or the Persian Empire.

Again, it is HISTORICAL FANTASY. Real names, real events, and real locations intertwined with fantasy elements to create a fictional story.

>who the fuck said anything about that?

The point was people are getting "offended" about a fantasy movie because they say it shows them in a bad light. They think it is propaganda from the US, and/or that they are being labeled as evil and mutants.

that doesn't change the
>facts of the matter though.

What are THE facts of the matter though?