Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjecti see where you're coming from, but this movie wasn't that bad.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=82988&mesg_id=83128
83128, i see where you're coming from, but this movie wasn't that bad.
Posted by Effa, Mon Mar-12-07 03:24 AM
first off all movie about any point in history are bullshit. its always irish/british actors or actors using those accents and it pisses me off. either talk normal or shut the fuck up.

yea, troy butchered the iliad and oddysey (and there was infact a large battle where troy was).

Alexander was all about gays and that asshole Oliver Stone thought it best to point that out more than anything else.

meanwhile tons of ethnic groups have homosexuality in there history yet only the greeks get pointed out for it in film. the chinese, the italians, congonese, hell even the native american's had same gender spiritual marriages or something to that effect where one man would even take on woman's duties. i also heard the catholic church was arranging same sex unions for years back before the 1400's yet you never see the movie about a gay ninja or some shit like that.

its whatever to me. i come from a forgotten ancestry anyways....call me when they make a movie about the pontian greeks. they'll probably portray them as pedophile gays too.

anyways alex the difference between this movie and alexander/troy is this movie isn't trying to portray history to a T as troy/alexander's producers wanted you to think. its pretty much frank miller being frank miller. he loves greek history and mythology, he's based characters and storyline on them before. the things frank miller added was just some extras because he's an artsy fartsy drama heavy guy.

but he did have some good, true to the history books parts in the book/movie.

like he has the arcadians(though it wasn't just them really) helping. making the total amount of troops around 1500 or so. he had "mollov labe", he threw in "come back with your shield or on it". things like that.

all in all if you go to see it not as a documentary but just as a movie its fuckin great.

as for the whole "why are the persians "black" and evil and boo hoo my life is a dark room and i have nothing better to bitch about" thing.....get over it people. its a fuckin movie based off a graphic novel. a graphic novel that uses symbolism in its artwork like most good graphic novels.