Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectVermont gets to see it before YOU do thanks to our senator (SWIPE)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=79321&mesg_id=79562
79562, Vermont gets to see it before YOU do thanks to our senator (SWIPE)
Posted by CliffDogg, Thu Jun-26-08 12:50 PM
First The Simpsons Movie premiere, now this???
WE TAKIN' OVAHHHHHHHHHHH © Akon/Dj Khaled

I dunno if it's worth $50 bucks though.

You still mad.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/vermont/articles/2008/06/24/leahy_to_host_early_showing_of_batman_movie_in_vermont_1214347514/

Leahy to host early showing of Batman movie in Vermont
By Lisa Rathke
Associated Press Writer / June 24, 2008

MONTPELIER, Vt.—Holy cameo, Batman!

U.S. Sen. Patrick Leahy's hometown will get an advance peak at the newest Batman movie, "The Dark Knight," in which he has a part.

Leahy, a lifelong fan of the caped crusader, will host a $50-a-ticket screening July 12 -- six days before the movie is released -- to benefit Montpelier's Kellogg-Hubbard Library.

"I found that children's library a very, very important part of my life when I was growing up," said Leahy, who started reading at 4 and got his first Batman comic book a year or two later.

Leahy, D-Vt., and Warner Bros. Chairman and CEO Barry Meyer will introduce the movie, which will be shown on two screens at Capitol Theatre. The 350 tickets will sell for $50.

"We think this is pretty exciting for the area," said Daniel Pudvah, executive director of the library, which plans to start selling tickets Friday. "It's nice for Vermont, and it's nice for Montpelier."

Before the screening, Leahy will host a separate $50-a-ticket benefit for 200 people featuring Meyer, to be held at the Capital Plaza Hotel, across the street from the theater.

Leahy, chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, won't say much about his role in "The Dark Knight," which features Christian Bale as Batman, the late Heath Ledger as the Joker and Michael Caine as Alfred Pennyworth. But proceeds from his cameo will benefit the library.

It's not his first hand in a "Batman" production. Leahy has done voice-overs on "Batman" cartoons, written the preface for a "Batman" book and had small roles in the last two "Batman" movies.

Why, Batman?

"He doesn't have any super powers," said Leahy Tuesday. "He has to use his own wits, his prowess, but mostly his own intellect."

© Copyright 2008 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.