Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectstupidest shit I ever read...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=78308&mesg_id=78553
78553, stupidest shit I ever read...
Posted by isisbabyboy3, Mon Aug-24-09 03:37 AM
>no, it's all about the context of the joke and how it had
>absolutely NO relevance to the flow of the story or script.

maybe to you it didn't...but to myself, the chick I was with, and the two other folks we were with it made perfect sense that a Nazi...I repeat, a NAZI...told a racist joke.

>dude actually setup an entire scene just to make that joke.

so the fuck what! You're implying that because a racist joke was the cornerstone of a scene, the entire underlying premise of this scene was to prove how creatively racist Tarantino can be. And then its supposed to be funny to a theater audience, half of which probably consists of liberal hipsters that campaigned and/or voted for Obama and think Kanye West and Bob Marley are geniuses? Really?

>and FOH w/ it wasn't supposed to be funny nigga, THAT SHIT WAS
>SUPPOSED TO BE FUCKING FUNNY.

So why is it that no one laughed? I mean, Tarantino is one of the most creative and nuanced screenwriter's in the last 20 yrs...but he can't get a single laugh off a joke he took a whole scene to set up?

To assume this joke was meant to be funny means:

1. Tarantino is dumb enough to piss off an entire race in his "masterpiece" film

2. He wanted to humanize via humor the deplorable Nazi

>QT is a bitch for that shit. if he really wanted to be on some
>gangster shit, don't write a fucking role for a meaningless
>black character. make him white. then i woulda had more
>respect for him at least.

Stop lying man...you wouldn't respect this dude if he bought you lunch.

dude was covering his tracks with
>that shit, it glaringly obvious fam.

This shit sickens me. I can't wait to folks like you die out...then maybe race relations will get better. I wish you no physical harm tho...your outlook is just fucked up.