Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectWKRP In Cincinatti
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=7601&mesg_id=7735
7735, WKRP In Cincinatti
Posted by johnbook, Fri Aug-22-03 07:39 PM
Another CBS show, so for Hawaiians this was mandatory watching.

For me, this was one of my favorite shows because it dealt with three things I loved: music, playing records, and being a radio DJ. When I was a kid, I wanted to be a radio DJ when I grew up, so watching this was maybe my way to prepare for what could come.

I can watch the show now and see so much more. I worked for a TV station for eight years, so now I can understand the things that went on behind the scenes. Sexual tension? True. Dorky boss? True. Sexy receptionist? True. Sexual tension? True.

Plus in the show, you could actually hear the DJ's playing the records. I was fascinated by that, and my dream would come true when I became a high school DJ. Down the line, my love of radio would turn into me becoming a DJ for a pirate station. I still think radio can save the world, and this show provided the fire.

p.e.a.c.e.
-John Book

"Great album, and so good to hear labels like yourselves releasing the music you totally believe in, respect. Love the Flevans piano roller, and John Book's party breaks." -LTJ Bukem