Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectQueen
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=7601&mesg_id=7713
7713, Queen
Posted by johnbook, Fri Aug-22-03 07:36 AM
I knew what Marilyn Manson was talking about when he said when you're kid, you're not aware that Queen was a reference to someone that was gay. All I knew back then was that they rocked. "Bohemian Rhapsody" was awesome, "We Will Rock You" was great, "Fat Bottomed Girls", "Another One Bites The Dust", they had loads of good songs.

It wasn't until the early 80's, when Freddie Mercury started cutting his hair short, that it was revealed that it was gay. So of course we can listen to the songs, look at the covers, watch the videos and go "aah, I see". But they rocked, and in terms of musicianship and production, Brian May was someone who managed to make his guitar sound like much more than a guitar, it became full orchestras, all before samplers were the norm.

p.e.a.c.e.
-John Book

"Great album, and so good to hear labels like yourselves releasing the music you totally believe in, respect. Love the Flevans piano roller, and John Book's party breaks." -LTJ Bukem