Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectstop reaching
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=61133&mesg_id=61292
61292, stop reaching
Posted by B9, Fri Jun-20-08 03:19 PM
it's this simple: I didn't care about his Eastwood jab because it was somewhat laughable given that Eastwood tried to do a historically accurate picture about one small slice of one battle in WWII and Spike was going in on him as if he was Spielberg, making a grand movie about days and days of the war with no black men. Eastwood's "huh?" reaction was even better. and the largely fictional St. Anne just sort of underlines the two different takes on the war they both were going for; why Spike wanted another director to fictionalize-up something for the sake of a nod to black soldiers is some strange projecting.

What bugged me is that he just decided to shit on the Coens for the sake of giving a writer something to write about; thats low rent, especially when you haven't done anything on the Coen's level in a few years (as far as feature films). Race has nothing to do with that. If Soderbergh went in on Nolan while promotting something, out of the blue, I'd react the same.