Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectSwiped from IGN.COM
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=5872&mesg_id=5999
5999, Swiped from IGN.COM
Posted by BigReg, Sat Oct-11-03 11:25 AM
IGN: There's a haunting moment early in the film when Elle Driver (Daryl Hannah) goes to a hospital with the intention of killing The Bride. She whistles a tune that, I have to admit, is still stuck in my head after viewing the film only once.

Tarantino: "Oh, that's from a movie called The Twisted Nerve by the Bowton Brothers. ...It was an early '71 thriller. It's really, really good, but how I knew that music would work so beautifully well is that I have this film festival that I do in Austin, Texas. I always do like an all-night horror marathon on Saturdays where we start at seven and go until five in the morning and it gets later and later every time that I do it. So, I usually end by nine or ten the next morning now, but when we did it ... Twisted Nerve played in the first festival... That little theme stuck in everyone's head so much that three years later, I would walk down the street, literally in like another country, I'd be in London and some guy would bump into me and go, 'I was in your festival in Austin. Twisted Nerve! I've seen the movie once and I can whistle the theme ever since.' So, I knew how powerful that was. So, it was easy enough to plug in. It was great."