Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjecti think i maybe hyped it up a little too much....*spoilers*
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=57499&mesg_id=57553
57553, i think i maybe hyped it up a little too much....*spoilers*
Posted by steelreserve40, Fri Jul-18-08 03:14 AM
i mean literally nothing short of Jesus himself jumping out of the screen might have lived up to my fanboy expectations.....

definately agree w/ comment above, more of a crime drama than batman kicking ass for 2 hours, which was cool, i took it seriously.

GREAT tone and cinematography, and pacing! honestly i looked at my watch and was kinda bummed there was only an hour left!

some nitpicks (i mean this is okp, right?)

- last action scene w/ joker left me looking for more, and i thought it was kinda improbable that batman can tear through swat teams hand to hand but a psycho with a steel pipe, he gets pinned to the ground?

- while joker was incredibly acted, i would have liked to see more depth into joker, maybe an origin recap? i felt the slightest bit shortchanged that all we got out of the joker was pure nihilism/anarchy, but is that the best we can get out of the joker???

again, minor nitpicks, i felt like maybe my fanboy expectations were too thru the roof, but i also kind of feel like i need a repeated view just to process it better, i might have just been too overwhelmed by the whole thing.

although, i can say, after 2 and a half hours, i left wanting to see more joker and more batman, which has to say something.

overall ill give it a 9.7/10