Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectWell, I will say if you are interested in trying to provide universal health care
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=56445&mesg_id=56459
56459, Well, I will say if you are interested in trying to provide universal health care
Posted by dr invisible, Wed May-17-06 09:22 AM
an MPH in health services/management could be very useful not so much for the degree itself (an MD is pretty damn substantial!) but the knowledge and networks. I've learned a ton about the economic side and the research needed to start to make sense of the health care delivery system. Even just as a doc trying to understand the forces that will drive/shape your career, medically and financially, this sort of thing is helpful. As you know, lots of the healthcare disparity and access issues won't be fought in the individual practices but on a much larger scare and the MPH puts it in that context. However, ultimately and sadly, the battle is political.

If you are interested in the clinical side of researc for population based health, obviously, epidemiology would have some relevance.

Inbox me if you questions.