Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectCool. I see where you're coming from, too
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=55934&mesg_id=56010
56010, Cool. I see where you're coming from, too
Posted by Sponge, Wed Aug-06-08 06:14 PM
>I have yet to run into the problem where the person who loves
>those films also loves the same things I'm into. For a
>reason.

I dunno, though. That's like saying only certain types of people love Magnolia which I think is pretty close-minded, no offense. (Though, in your experience your theory holds true so far.) It's like saying everyone who loves The Dark Knight is a fanboy geek that doesn't like non-mainstream or non-classical movies. I know someone that loves TDK and Tarvkovsky movies.

>I mean maybe it COULD happen, but I'm still waiting for that
>day to come.

Definitely. It could happen. What made me ask my question was that you said you'd never take someone seriously (key word: never). More below.

>But I mean the main thing? It's NEVER happened where a huge
>Magnolia fan was really upping me on some shit outside of my
>typical view.

Your experience is valid. When you say it's never happened, it's never happened so your belief holds true so far. It's just that there's so many people in this world and taste is a complex thing and like you said, it could happen.

One more thing, I think it's cool that you didn't get defensive. I hope I wasn't coming off as a jerk or some shit. My question was out of earnest curiosity, and my responses are earnest, too.