Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectYou guys have no idea how many times I've clicked on this post. . .
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=54731&mesg_id=54770
54770, You guys have no idea how many times I've clicked on this post. . .
Posted by kurlyswirl, Wed Jun-20-07 12:35 PM
. . .trying to figure out how to respond. Ugh, I love *and* hate posts like this. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings by leaving them off my list, especially those who put me on theirs, or whom I've met in person. lol

Thanks to everyone who mentioned me. You're too sweet! :-D

Alright, here I go:

~ janey - For being the other strong female presence in PTP, and for piquing my interest in film festivals, Scandinavian films, and all kinds of books.

~ Sponge - Everything Yogaflame said. One of the most underrated PTPers. His taste is impressively well-rounded. I love a guy with whom I can talk foreign films *and* foodie shows. I swear, whenever I discover a gem of a show, the first person I think of who might also know about it (or want to know about it) is Sponge.

~ Deebot - I am so impressed that someone so young has such great taste in films and TV shows. (Well, okay, your dislike of The Apartment is suspect. lol) I also love that you're such a tenacious supporter of Epitafios and the lesser seasons of Six Feet Under. ;-) And it's nice to have someone to talk tennis with in here.

~ Frank Longo - For being a great moderator and making PTP such a comfortable place to be. Plus, you're a very funny dude.

~ King_Friday - Gets lots of flack for being a classic film snob (including from me in years past), but if you can get past him hating on your favorite Scorsese film or 80's movie - *cough*TheKarateKid*cough* - you'll find that he's one of the most personable guys around here, with a killer sense of humor. And no matter how much shit talk he gets, he's still there with a great list of recommendations whenever anyone asks. My giant Netflix queue (which is so big I have to keep a spreadsheet of everything that won't fit) is probably 1/3 K_F recs.

Honorable mentions (Sorry, Frank, but I gotta):

~ buckshot - One of the funniest guys around, and extremely talented. Remember us when you're famous, okay?

~ Zootown - For being a wealth of information about the entertainment industry. Plus, we watch some of the same TV shows, and I like reading your discussion posts, you know, with your screenwriter's perspective.

~ Big Chief Rumbletummy - For your awesome, often hilarious, analyses of The Sopranos. I wish you'd post more often.

~ JungleSoulah - We seem to share similar tastes. I like that you watch Project Runway, lol. We're in a lot of the same posts, and I like that you're such a calming presence on the boards. Not a lot of drama from you.

~ Mynoriti - Almost as well-rounded as Sponge. Piqued my interest in film noir and gangster books. Of my PTP Netflix Friends, he's the one whose taste most matches mine - by far.