Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectIn no order
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=54731&mesg_id=54735
54735, In no order
Posted by Yogaflame, Tue Jun-19-07 11:51 PM
Sponge:
Terribly underrated. Enthusiastic as all hell. Long on recommendations and encyclopedic without coming off as spaz. Not as hidebound in taste as King_Friday (not an insult, K_F; just that Sponge's interests often spill over into the last thirty years). For my money, the most well-rounded tastemaker in here.

DrNo:
Another favorite. Provides great arguments, is a hater of the highest order, pragmatic to no end and likes great movies. Not half as annoying as most Albertans and now lives in Toronto (a major coup in my book).

Colonelk:
Is both a baseball and an Olmi fan. What's not to like? Him, along with Sponge, DrNo, and, for the most part, King_Friday, are the few posters whose opinions I'll routinely read and care about when I'm on this site.

buckshot defunct:
By far, the quickest and sharpest on here. Should be getting paid to write bits, either for serial TV or commercials. The athlete's commitment to Heino avatars is also a huge plus.

Stylez Dainty:
Another terribly underrated poster. Funny as fuck.

Honorable Mentions (fuck you, Longo) -

King_Friday:
I love Fassbinder, Harlan County USA, Raoul Walsh and the great state of Kentucky. So why isn't he in my top five?

Polarbear Toenails:
A username that's almost as lame as mine and I'm pretty sure the Six Flags Guy could destroy him in a fist fight, but Goddamned if he isn't industrious. TSOYA is more than just two consonants and three vowels.

kurlyswirl:
Girly without being effete. Well-rounded and knows her tennis. Appreciates the best of pop culture (see: good television). I used to hate how seriously she'd take the search function, but it seems as though she's been easing up of late.

Frank Longo:
Why I used to rain the hate on this guy, I don't know (I'm sure it had nothing to do with Duke or Josh McRoberts or his acappella singing troupe or Urinetown). But I really do appreciate the enthusiasm and would also say that he's pretty well-rounded. Also, I'm right >< with him on the solemnity of the summer blockbuster ritual.

Mynoriti & Big Chief Rumbletummy:
I have to restrain myself from getting involved in your mafia lore posts. Otherwise, I'd waste far too much time.

AFKAP:
Good stuff, always.