Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectYour Top 5 PTP OKPs
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=54731
54731, Your Top 5 PTP OKPs
Posted by Frank Longo, Tue Jun-19-07 10:16 PM
And yes, this post is designed to make list of critics that the critics here will criticize.

And yes, this idea is swiped from Bin in GD.

And yes, this is in no particular order.

And yes, this is just how I feel today, and could change at any moment.

-- Janey. There's no one on OKP like Janey. Period.
-- Orbit_Established. The anti-PTP that makes things interesting.
-- Bignick. Even when I disagree with him, dude is funny in his angry kind of way, and never fails to stir up some kind of discussion.
-- Kurlyswirl. I somehow tend to nearly always agree with her.
-- King_Friday. Resident old soul that always makes great recommendations of films I might never have heard of otherwise.

NO HONORABLE MENTIONS ALLOWED. Cuz there's like 10 of you motherfuckers that'd be on here if you either (a) posted more often, (b) stirred up more discussion, or (c) got me a job in the industry. :-D

Fuck it, one honorable mention for ZooTown74, for finding more information links and copy/pasting them than anyone else in the world.
54732, just in case y'all need help spelling my name correctly
Posted by buckshot defunct, Tue Jun-19-07 10:37 PM

54733, ^^^ The Peter King of PTP
Posted by SoulHonky, Tue Jun-19-07 11:21 PM
Where's Kitna?
54734, NGCCOT... (swipe)
Posted by ZooTown74, Tue Jun-19-07 11:27 PM
54735, In no order
Posted by Yogaflame, Tue Jun-19-07 11:51 PM
Sponge:
Terribly underrated. Enthusiastic as all hell. Long on recommendations and encyclopedic without coming off as spaz. Not as hidebound in taste as King_Friday (not an insult, K_F; just that Sponge's interests often spill over into the last thirty years). For my money, the most well-rounded tastemaker in here.

DrNo:
Another favorite. Provides great arguments, is a hater of the highest order, pragmatic to no end and likes great movies. Not half as annoying as most Albertans and now lives in Toronto (a major coup in my book).

Colonelk:
Is both a baseball and an Olmi fan. What's not to like? Him, along with Sponge, DrNo, and, for the most part, King_Friday, are the few posters whose opinions I'll routinely read and care about when I'm on this site.

buckshot defunct:
By far, the quickest and sharpest on here. Should be getting paid to write bits, either for serial TV or commercials. The athlete's commitment to Heino avatars is also a huge plus.

Stylez Dainty:
Another terribly underrated poster. Funny as fuck.

Honorable Mentions (fuck you, Longo) -

King_Friday:
I love Fassbinder, Harlan County USA, Raoul Walsh and the great state of Kentucky. So why isn't he in my top five?

Polarbear Toenails:
A username that's almost as lame as mine and I'm pretty sure the Six Flags Guy could destroy him in a fist fight, but Goddamned if he isn't industrious. TSOYA is more than just two consonants and three vowels.

kurlyswirl:
Girly without being effete. Well-rounded and knows her tennis. Appreciates the best of pop culture (see: good television). I used to hate how seriously she'd take the search function, but it seems as though she's been easing up of late.

Frank Longo:
Why I used to rain the hate on this guy, I don't know (I'm sure it had nothing to do with Duke or Josh McRoberts or his acappella singing troupe or Urinetown). But I really do appreciate the enthusiasm and would also say that he's pretty well-rounded. Also, I'm right >< with him on the solemnity of the summer blockbuster ritual.

Mynoriti & Big Chief Rumbletummy:
I have to restrain myself from getting involved in your mafia lore posts. Otherwise, I'd waste far too much time.

AFKAP:
Good stuff, always.
54736, One more
Posted by Yogaflame, Wed Jun-20-07 02:00 PM
Navajo Joe is another good one.
54737, what, no love for ""Sharks on a Plane"" guy?
Posted by buckshot defunct, Wed Jun-20-07 03:46 PM

54738, <<
Posted by Yogaflame, Wed Jun-20-07 03:51 PM
Okay !!!!

I didn't really get it ?
54739, I haven't posted much lately, but I wanted to reply here.
Posted by Ryan M, Wed Jun-20-07 01:58 AM
- Frank Longo: Far and away the best OKP Mod...fair, keeps shit going, and is on top of things. Plus he contributes to discussions and keeps the bias to a minimum. Knowledgeable and brings the theater to OKP.

- Buckshot Defunct: Hilarious.

- ZooTown74: One of the best sources for all things television/movie industry...which is huge for those of us in the buisness. On top of that, he sees/contributes to damn near every movie and television show thread.

- Bignick: The other great industry source. I dunno if that helps other people as much as it does me, but Nick has always been great about answering my questions and he is damn funny too (sorry Bags, he is).

- Kurlyswirl: Gives the female perspective around here. Yeah ladies, you might hang out and post once in awhile...but you're never chopping it up about The Sopranos or Oz.

Honorable Mention: Basaglia. Yeah. Him. He's a fucking genius.
54740, See, this is what I mean.
Posted by kurlyswirl, Wed Jun-20-07 01:05 PM
I didn't include you on my list, mostly because you haven't been around much, and I feel bad about that because you put me on yours. Just know that I think you're awesome, and I always enjoy your posts, especially the one you made about your internships. :-)

>- Kurlyswirl: Gives the female perspective around here. Yeah
>ladies, you might hang out and post once in awhile...but
>you're never chopping it up about The Sopranos or Oz.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

kurly's Super-Duper Awesome DVD Collection:
http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=kurlyswirl
54741, In retrospect...
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Jun-21-07 11:58 PM
I left a lot of folks off. Oh well. Ya'll know if I like you or not.
54742, i reeeeeaaally wanna take this into the lesson
Posted by DubSpt, Wed Jun-20-07 06:04 AM
but two post jacks in one week would be two too many.

so if anybody wants to do it for me...

somebody?

anybody?

is this thing on?

EDIT: dro, I am staring right at you.

*stares*

*stares*

is this thing on?
54743, hahaha
Posted by dro, Wed Jun-20-07 07:09 AM
now this type post has been proven time and time again to work in the lesson, and everyone usually just says afkap and johnbook and moves on.

54744, awwww, come on dro
Posted by DubSpt, Wed Jun-20-07 07:12 AM
can't we have a little fun?
54745, haha yeah man, its all good
Posted by dro, Wed Jun-20-07 08:36 AM
i'm just sayin, they're two different places. PTP still has that fun, communal atmosphere to it. The Lesson moves so fast and so much of it is just talking to talk, no real substance, that its easy to get lost there. i still like both tho.
54746, sigh, go take a look...
Posted by DubSpt, Wed Jun-20-07 09:05 AM
54747, i actually DID make this post in the Lesson earlier this morning
Posted by Orfeo_Negro, Wed Jun-20-07 07:54 AM
less than 2 minutes later, it was gone!
54748, deleted?
Posted by DubSpt, Wed Jun-20-07 08:22 AM
try it again, these things happen.
54749, you go ahead and do it, man.
Posted by Orfeo_Negro, Wed Jun-20-07 08:25 AM
people respond badly when i make posts of that nature
54750, haha, maybe..... maybe
Posted by DubSpt, Wed Jun-20-07 08:27 AM
these are the levels to which insomnia will allow me to stoop.
54751, the list of an outsider
Posted by DubSpt, Wed Jun-20-07 06:16 AM
Frank: god bless your heart.

Polarbear Toenails: fuck what you say about the name, its an OutKast reference, and who can be mad at that?

bignick: unlike most, i actually do usually agree with him.

janey: she talks about books and movies i've never heard of, but then i want to find them. i can't corroborate most of her tastes, but she posits them in a way where i feel like i ought to believe them.

kurlyswirl: cause i can talk to her about project runway AND the shield. what a magnificent human being.
54752, lol!
Posted by kurlyswirl, Wed Jun-20-07 12:42 PM
You almost made my HM list for watching PR and for your amusing comments in the "grade your fellow poster's taste in movies" post. (I decided to cut it at 5 since Frank didn't even want HM in the first place, lol.)

You need to post more often, then maybe you'll make my list next time. :-D

>kurlyswirl: cause i can talk to her about project runway AND
>the shield. what a magnificent human being.

54753, im like the 3-6 Mafia of OKP
Posted by DubSpt, Thu Jun-21-07 08:35 PM
Most Known Unknown.

but seriously, Top Chef just isn't cutting the mustard. I need PR and I need it NOW. I feel like I'm going into Shield withdrawal already. On the plus side, my dreams are filled of visions of Shane being killed in an extravagantly violent way, and it really makes me sleep peaceful like.
54754, Okie doke:
Posted by Bridgetown, Wed Jun-20-07 08:30 AM
The youngster Frank Longo
janey
King Friday
buckshot defunct (honestly one of the funniest, most creative people I know)
Orfeo Negro (AFKAP)

--Maurice
54755, my five
Posted by BigWorm, Wed Jun-20-07 09:23 AM
Ugh. Just like the Lesson every time one of these goes round the same five names get listed over and over. And it's cool for those five people. Janey and Kurlyswirl and good folks (both have indirectly steered me to some great off-the-radar flicks). Bignick is aiight, ZooTown usually has interesting stuff to say even when it goes against the popular opinion, and Afkap/Orfeo Negro is all round one of the cooler OKPs I've come across on these boards period. But damn...let's just have separate appreciation threads for those people then.

I only have one to name: AmishRock

What happened to this cat? I don't know. But he was hella cool. Gave inside scoop on some movie. He had his opinion and occasionally clowed folks but never came off as a snob or jerk (which I've probably done more than a few times here); we joked around and most of all when he was living in Asia he hooked many of us up with movies that were otherwise unreachable in the US--and he was usually able to do it for less than $20. He doesn't post anymore, which is a shame.

Let's make this interesting. I'm not saying vote for BigPerm cause I don't even post on here that much, and when I do half the time it is about an Asian movie or to make a smartass remark. I'm just saying though. Lots of other people post interesting stuff here.
54756, Yeah, where is that guy?
Posted by kurlyswirl, Wed Jun-20-07 01:00 PM
I miss him.

I think we need a MIA PTPers post, 'cause he isn't the only one I've noticed is missing.

>
>I only have one to name: AmishRock
>
>What happened to this cat? I don't know. But he was hella
>cool. Gave inside scoop on some movie. He had his opinion and
>occasionally clowed folks but never came off as a snob or jerk
>(which I've probably done more than a few times here); we
>joked around and most of all when he was living in Asia he
>hooked many of us up with movies that were otherwise
>unreachable in the US--and he was usually able to do it for
>less than $20. He doesn't post anymore, which is a shame.

54757, more MIA
Posted by colonelk, Wed Jun-20-07 01:58 PM
Sight and Sound

Lonesome D

Dickie_Roberts

Or did some of these people change aliases? Apologies if they did and it was obvious to everyone but me.
54758, parenting doesn't make good for watching movies/TV
Posted by lonesome_d, Wed Jun-20-07 02:15 PM
at least not with small kids who don't like to sleep and pretty much exhaust you.

I still owe you some David Bromberg stuff from liek 2003, don't I?

54759, yeah ya do
Posted by colonelk, Wed Jun-20-07 10:54 PM
Back from before you had kids. Or at least back before you were married.

It was some Bromberg live stuff, wasn't it?
54760, RE: more MIA
Posted by kurlyswirl, Wed Jun-20-07 02:16 PM
>Sight and Sound

aka Ellipsis. He's the first one I thought of.

>
>Lonesome D

I think he's around. Doesn't he post about comics?

>Or did some of these people change aliases? Apologies if they
>did and it was obvious to everyone but me.

That's what I always wonder, too. Like Colonel Sanders. Is he actually gone, or did he just change usernames and I never caught on to it?

54761, Shhhhhhhhhh
Posted by lonesome_d, Wed Jun-20-07 02:18 PM
>>Lonesome D
>
>I think he's around. Doesn't he post about comics?
>

>>Sight and Sound
>
>aka Ellipsis. He's the first one I thought of.

he had a bunch of other names too, but his posting style was so distinct he was always easy to ID. And here & the Lesson were both def. better places when he was around... Friday once said 'there's no way one guy can know that much about both music AND movies.'
54762, lol
Posted by kurlyswirl, Wed Jun-20-07 02:24 PM

>he had a bunch of other names too, but his posting style was
>so distinct he was always easy to ID.

Yeah, definitely. That's how I know he truly hasn't been around PTP. (I don't frequent the Lesson.)

And here & the Lesson
>were both def. better places when he was around... Friday once
>said 'there's no way one guy can know that much about both
>music AND movies.'

Seriously.

54763, What ever happened to ricky_Butler?
Posted by jigga, Wed Jun-20-07 02:42 PM
54764, His latest moniker is genius.switch. n/m
Posted by kurlyswirl, Wed Jun-20-07 03:00 PM

54765, that's who I meant by Dickie_Roberts
Posted by colonelk, Wed Jun-20-07 03:25 PM
54766, Ahhh.
Posted by kurlyswirl, Wed Jun-20-07 03:42 PM
Of his many, many usernames, I didn't recall that one.

54767, just a personal nickname
Posted by colonelk, Wed Jun-20-07 04:02 PM
not a real alias.
54768, S&S
Posted by colonelk, Wed Jun-20-07 10:55 PM
Last I heard from him he was traveling the globe watching exotic and amazing movies at their sources. A true cinephile.
54769, i miss the HELL out of Sight + Sound.
Posted by Orfeo_Negro, Thu Jun-21-07 09:14 AM
54770, You guys have no idea how many times I've clicked on this post. . .
Posted by kurlyswirl, Wed Jun-20-07 12:35 PM
. . .trying to figure out how to respond. Ugh, I love *and* hate posts like this. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings by leaving them off my list, especially those who put me on theirs, or whom I've met in person. lol

Thanks to everyone who mentioned me. You're too sweet! :-D

Alright, here I go:

~ janey - For being the other strong female presence in PTP, and for piquing my interest in film festivals, Scandinavian films, and all kinds of books.

~ Sponge - Everything Yogaflame said. One of the most underrated PTPers. His taste is impressively well-rounded. I love a guy with whom I can talk foreign films *and* foodie shows. I swear, whenever I discover a gem of a show, the first person I think of who might also know about it (or want to know about it) is Sponge.

~ Deebot - I am so impressed that someone so young has such great taste in films and TV shows. (Well, okay, your dislike of The Apartment is suspect. lol) I also love that you're such a tenacious supporter of Epitafios and the lesser seasons of Six Feet Under. ;-) And it's nice to have someone to talk tennis with in here.

~ Frank Longo - For being a great moderator and making PTP such a comfortable place to be. Plus, you're a very funny dude.

~ King_Friday - Gets lots of flack for being a classic film snob (including from me in years past), but if you can get past him hating on your favorite Scorsese film or 80's movie - *cough*TheKarateKid*cough* - you'll find that he's one of the most personable guys around here, with a killer sense of humor. And no matter how much shit talk he gets, he's still there with a great list of recommendations whenever anyone asks. My giant Netflix queue (which is so big I have to keep a spreadsheet of everything that won't fit) is probably 1/3 K_F recs.

Honorable mentions (Sorry, Frank, but I gotta):

~ buckshot - One of the funniest guys around, and extremely talented. Remember us when you're famous, okay?

~ Zootown - For being a wealth of information about the entertainment industry. Plus, we watch some of the same TV shows, and I like reading your discussion posts, you know, with your screenwriter's perspective.

~ Big Chief Rumbletummy - For your awesome, often hilarious, analyses of The Sopranos. I wish you'd post more often.

~ JungleSoulah - We seem to share similar tastes. I like that you watch Project Runway, lol. We're in a lot of the same posts, and I like that you're such a calming presence on the boards. Not a lot of drama from you.

~ Mynoriti - Almost as well-rounded as Sponge. Piqued my interest in film noir and gangster books. Of my PTP Netflix Friends, he's the one whose taste most matches mine - by far.
54771, Ummm... maybe you're thinking of Top Chef?
Posted by JungleSouljah, Wed Jun-20-07 04:33 PM
I've never seen an episode of Project Runway. Maybe you were thinking of someone else? :(

But I'll take your calming influence compliment. If only I was such an influence in real life.
54772, Yeah, that's it. Top Chef. lol
Posted by kurlyswirl, Wed Jun-20-07 07:18 PM
Dubspt is the one who watches PR. Oh, and I think okaycomputer does as well. (Where's he been?)

You should watch it, too. :-)

54773, Not a chance in hell m'dear
Posted by JungleSouljah, Fri Jun-22-07 08:54 AM
I have no interest in fashion design. But I have a large interest in gastronomie (or however it should be spelled).

By the by, Season 1 of How I Met Your Mother is 20 bucks at Target. Maybe it's that cheap elsewhere, but we had to buy it when we saw it for that cheap.

And Veronica Mars is 22 bucks each for Season 1 and Season 2. For those who don't own, now is the time.
54774, ooh ooh ooh I want Mynoriti to be my netflix friend, too, then
Posted by janey, Thu Jun-21-07 11:37 AM
I was so impressed that you and I had an 80% similarity, but then my only other netflix friend is that dear friend who rates all Ultimate Fighting Championships a five and he and I have a 40% similarity or less, lol.

~~~~~

It is painful in the extreme to live with questions rather than with answers, but that is the only honorable intellectual course. (c) Norman Mailer
54775, Well, 80% is pretty darn good.
Posted by kurlyswirl, Thu Jun-21-07 01:52 PM
I haven't been able to access my Friends section for the past 3 days (keeps saying Temporarily Unavailable), but as I recall, Myno and I have, like, 89% similarity.

>I was so impressed that you and I had an 80% similarity, but
>then my only other netflix friend is that dear friend who
>rates all Ultimate Fighting Championships a five and he and I
>have a 40% similarity or less, lol.

54776, yeah, arrojenkins asked me to add him as a friend on Monday
Posted by janey, Thu Jun-21-07 02:00 PM
haha, nice try. I keep trying, though.

Can you link between friends? Ask Mynoriti if I can come play, too. :-)
54777, I don't think so.
Posted by kurlyswirl, Thu Jun-21-07 02:01 PM
>Can you link between friends? Ask Mynoriti if I can come
>play, too. :-)

I would just inbox him. :-)

54778, where the fuck is he
Posted by janey, Thu Jun-21-07 02:10 PM
I can't find him
dammit
lol
54779, All the comic book heads...
Posted by Marbles, Wed Jun-20-07 12:59 PM

I still think the Prep Time Posse is a corny name but I got nothing but love for y'all. In the decades that I've been collecteing, I never had friends to discuss comics with regularly.

I like the fact that there's a wide range of opinions but I don't think there's ever been any e-beef. We always seem to have fun with it.

Peace,

*** MARBLES ***
54780, 1. you reading this right now
Posted by shockzilla, Wed Jun-20-07 01:08 PM
2.and you
3.and you
4.and you
5.and you

..but definitely not you

fuck you.
54781, lol! Now, that's the way to do this. n/m
Posted by kurlyswirl, Wed Jun-20-07 01:28 PM

54782, Mine:
Posted by alias for mrhood75, Wed Jun-20-07 01:08 PM
1. All the Prep Time Posse heads. The whole crew. I will not tear the Posse asunder by singling any of y'all out. But y'all make my weeks so much more enjoyable. And my pockets lighter.

2. Kurlyswirl. Very much knows her shit about movies, TV, and books. Rocks the triple crown, as it were.

3. Janey. Also has superior and film taste. Just catching up on the TV tip.

4. Mynoriti. Another cats who knows his shit.

5. Big Nick. One of the few cats how makes his hate consistently interesting. And, quiet as kept, can articulate pretty clearly about what he likes as well.

Honorable mention: Herr Longo, Jigga, Polarbeartoenails, Birdgetown and a bunch of other people I forgot.
54783, Yep
Posted by lonesome_d, Wed Jun-20-07 02:16 PM
>1. All the Prep Time Posse heads. The whole crew. I will not
>tear the Posse asunder by singling any of y'all out. But y'all
>make my weeks so much more enjoyable. And my pockets lighter.
54784, I love everybody
Posted by colonelk, Wed Jun-20-07 01:50 PM
Not trying to dampen the fun, but let's not get too high school clique-ish.
54785, I include colonelk in my Honorable Mention list.
Posted by Frank Longo, Wed Jun-20-07 09:11 PM
54786, that's exactly what I was lobbying for
Posted by colonelk, Wed Jun-20-07 09:35 PM
54787, But I do know what you're saying.
Posted by Frank Longo, Wed Jun-20-07 09:47 PM
Which is why next we can have the Top 5 NEW Members of PTP!!!!! :)

Lists are swell.
54788, I like your thinking
Posted by colonelk, Wed Jun-20-07 10:37 PM
Nothing at all wrong with the ancien regime (dating all the way back to Reviews) but new blood moves the movement.
54789, kurlyswirl and janey
Posted by UncleClimax, Wed Jun-20-07 02:32 PM
for wanting to have sex with me.....at the same time!
54790, dude, you misread that
Posted by janey, Wed Jun-20-07 04:37 PM
we were in love with King Friday, not you!

~~~~~

It is painful in the extreme to live with questions rather than with answers, but that is the only honorable intellectual course. (c) Norman Mailer
54791, puhleeze
Posted by UncleClimax, Wed Jun-20-07 04:51 PM
you think a commie can fuck u right? *smh*
54792, Oooooh, BURN!
Posted by kurlyswirl, Wed Jun-20-07 07:20 PM
Yeah, I don't recall ever saying I wanted to have sex with him. Must've been in his dreams. lol

54793, Everybody listed above.
Posted by Michi, Wed Jun-20-07 02:56 PM
I think this forums runs along very well thanks to the thoughtful comments and conversations everyone here have. Besides if I had made a list it'd probably be the same names everyone else mentioned. If you post here a lot and gotten into an argument with someone, you're e-famous.
54794, It's only like 10 regular posters here anyway though n/m
Posted by Nopayne, Wed Jun-20-07 03:03 PM

-------------------------------------
http://www.myspace.com/therealnopayne
http://www.last.fm/user/nopayne/
54795, RE: Your Top 5 PTP OKPs
Posted by Deebot, Wed Jun-20-07 04:13 PM
-kurlyswirl

One of the originals I kinda gravitated toward when I came on the scene. Good taste, friendly, down to earth. And people who like tennis are cool.

-King Friday

One of the peeps who seems to genuinely care about what movies you're interested in and what you thought of them. I've stolen mucho recommendations from him n a couple others (Sponge, colonelk, etc.) So thanks for that. Good sense of humor too.

-janey

It's true, there's nobody like janey on these boards. Thanks for the book recs and for watching SFU n joining the exclusive Epitafios group.

-buckshot

reply of the year type material.

-iono, the rest of the regs

i don't really ignore/dislike anyone in here

54796, RE: Your Top 5 PTP OKPs
Posted by King_Friday, Wed Jun-20-07 04:18 PM
Everybody here is great and this is the best forum in the history of forums.

Now here are some people who I will name (no Elia Kazan-o)

Janey
Kurlyswirl
Mynoriti
DrNo
Colonel Sanders
Sponge
colonelk
BlueNote
Deebot
Ryan M
Bridgetown
Frank Longo
Yogaflame

and Sight And Sound/unknownone/Ellipsis is still the undisputed film buff champion of Reviews/PTP

. . . okay, I think that's five.

54797, that's a spin-off thread I can definitely get behind
Posted by colonelk, Wed Jun-20-07 10:41 PM
"Which five PTPers would you rat out to the HUAC in order to save your career?"

54798, RE: that's a spin-off thread I can definitely get behind
Posted by King_Friday, Thu Jun-21-07 12:11 AM
>"Which five PTPers would you rat out to the HUAC in order to
>save your career?"
>
>

lol

Are you now or have you ever been a poster at Pass The Popcorn?

54799, Wow somebody remembers me
Posted by BlueNote, Fri Jun-22-07 03:25 PM
I haven't been able to contribute anything it seems like this year. I wish I could get on here more but it seems like real life keeps getting in the way from watching movies.
54800, Damn, I forgot about you and Nukkapedia
Posted by Sponge, Fri Jun-22-07 03:28 PM
in my "members who need/should post more" reply.

There's a few I'm sure I'm forgetting.
54801, okay, here's the thing
Posted by janey, Wed Jun-20-07 04:36 PM
I am WAY too big a numbskull to ever participate in these things.

Irrespective of the forum in which they appear, I cannot post a list of my favorite people. I can barely post a list of favorite movies or books, dammit.

Like your mother told you and your siblings, I love each of you for your own individual qualities, equally but differently.

~~~~~

54802, RE: Your Top 5 PTP OKPs
Posted by atldan, Wed Jun-20-07 05:06 PM
ZooTown. I don't post that much, but I do enjoy Zoo's posts.

Also anyone who posts in the Lost & The Office posts. It's always funny to see some of the reactions and see some of the funniest lines from that episode.
54803, BIG LOVE
Posted by buckshot defunct, Wed Jun-20-07 05:31 PM
Prep Time Posse - Ah, saving the best for first. It's not that I don't want to pick the collective apart... I could easily think of a dozen great things to say about each and every one of these people. But I'm pressed for time and I'm pretty sure these fine folks know how fond I am of them already. Besides, our strength is in how we come together. We're a lot like Voltron that way. Only we're a Voltron with no discernable head and about half a dozen assholes.

kurlyswirl - Blah blah blah female voice blah blah blah Sopranos blah blah Tennis. Look, she likes cooking shows and appreciates a good 'When Animals Attack' story. She's gold in my book.

Janey - I hear she's watching TV now. Is that true?

Stylez Dainty - Funny dude. That 'You Me and Dupree' post is one of the greatest works of literature ever created by humans.

Navajo Joe - Shows up about as often as Haley's Comet, and rocks me twice as hard. He's also way too cool to even show up in this post.

Yogaflame - Another cat who needs to drop this whole 'I have a real life' pretense and just needs to plain post more often. He comes off as a real 'suffers no fools' type of guy but deep down I think he truly enjoys mixing it up with some of these idiots. Which brings me to my next subject...

The Idiots - Without your posts what would PTP be, besides a more literate, tolerant, and all around better place? So big ups to each and every one of you. You know who you are. Then again, you probably don't.

King Friday, Sponge, Uncle Climax, Colonel K, Deebot, and the rest of you hardcore filmies - Funny, intelligent dudes who make your Netflix queue a more beautiful place. I don't chop it up with these guys too often, because I know when I'm outclassed. But I do enjoy reading their posts.

Bagsaglia - Oh he's talking about it all right.

JungleSouljah - Good people

All the BSG Heads -You know what time it is. So say we all, muthafuckas!!!

Big Nick - A loveable curmudgeon whose positive post count is teetering dangerously towards the double digits. He wrote a book, how cool is that?

The Hollywood Insiders - Zootown, SoulHonkey, Ryan M, etc etc. Lots of neat little insights and anecdotes from these cats. Always a pleasure.

PolarbearsToenails - What's not to love about radio's sweetheart? Great dude, hell of a talent, and if there's any justice in this world will be a millionaire by the time he's 30.
I donated 10 bucks to his show once and have yet to receive my tote. No hard feelings though.

Frank Longo - Obviously fishing for compliments here so I figure I'd at least name check him right quick. (Kidding, Frankie!)

The Class Clowns - Jigga, DawgEatah, Bridgetown etc. etc. Always good for an LOL or two.

Mynoriti - Strikes me as a funny, smart and well rounded dude.

Mr Mech - Shows up about three times a year with some off the wall Star Trek topic. That just really tickles me for some reason.

etc etc etc

You said 5, right?
54804, chop it up!
Posted by colonelk, Wed Jun-20-07 10:48 PM
>King Friday, Sponge, Uncle Climax, Colonel K, Deebot, and the
>rest of you hardcore filmies - Funny, intelligent dudes who
>make your Netflix queue a more beautiful place. I don't chop
>it up with these guys too often, because I know when I'm
>outclassed. But I do enjoy reading their posts.

I'm not the Snob Committee spokesman or anything, but I'm pretty sure all of us are keen to discuss with people who don't read big film books to get to sleep at night. Which is why we're here and not at the criterionco forums.

You don't have to have watched Nights of Cabiria twenty times to have an equally valid opinion about it. And sometimes, the fresh eyes have the more interesting take.

54805, :) thanks! n/m
Posted by DawgEatah, Fri Jun-22-07 10:20 AM

http://fuck-your.blogspot.com
http://www.myspace.com/insightclopediabrown
http://www.myspace.com/dumhi
http://www.youtube.com/group/okayplayer
http://www.last.fm/user/DawgEatah
R.I.P. 3rd i
54806, But does your Top 5 have dat SEC SPEEEED???
Posted by Sponge, Wed Jun-20-07 06:43 PM
Hmm?
54807, What, my two line replies don't warrant a mention?
Posted by biscuit, Wed Jun-20-07 07:02 PM
Just playin. Keep up the good work, PTP's. I enjoy most all of ya.
54808, i dont play favorites
Posted by HighVoltage, Wed Jun-20-07 08:02 PM
but Sponge is great. turned me on to many good films.
54809, Plus he's great for scrubbing dirty counters.
Posted by Frank Longo, Wed Jun-20-07 09:11 PM
54810, ^^ longo tryin to win points with the comedy
Posted by HighVoltage, Wed Jun-20-07 11:01 PM
you're up there too, man
54811, Wrong kind. Ask Elaine Benes and George Costanza....
Posted by Sponge, Wed Jun-20-07 11:58 PM
Susan Ross, RIP.

54812, LOL. Seriously?
Posted by kurlyswirl, Thu Jun-21-07 12:11 AM
I thought it was, like, absorbing knowledge like a sponge.

54813, It's twofold
Posted by Sponge, Thu Jun-21-07 08:53 PM
>I thought it was, like, absorbing knowledge like a sponge.

1-Wanted to make a Seinfeld reference - both the sponge and sponge-worthy. I should've went w/ Bob Sacamano or something.

2-I've always been an observer and absorb stuff like you said.

54814, ...
Posted by xbenzive, Wed Jun-20-07 09:40 PM
no love for a charter member with a low post count?

just kidding. I've been a OKPs since late 2001? don't know exactly, but I've always gone to the PTP boards ever day since I got here.

other than that...I'm always informed but everyone here. Thanks PTP OKPs!!!
54815, lol
Posted by kurlyswirl, Wed Jun-20-07 11:56 PM
Gotta get that post count up to at least 2000. ;-)

>no love for a charter member with a low post count?
>
>
>just kidding. I've been a OKPs since late 2001? don't know
>exactly, but I've always gone to the PTP boards ever day since
>I got here.
>
>other than that...I'm always informed but everyone here.
>Thanks PTP OKPs!!!

54816, That obviously doesn't matter...
Posted by phenompyrus, Thu Jun-21-07 08:50 AM
:(
54817, Awwwwwww. lol
Posted by kurlyswirl, Thu Jun-21-07 10:05 AM
Well, if you retire at 4700, how are you going to end up on someone's list next time? ;-)

54818, Well played...
Posted by phenompyrus, Thu Jun-21-07 10:10 AM
Ha I'm j/k anyways. Shit I don't get on here near enough to notice certain trends or who is posting what anyways. I post questions or comments I have, and only read what interests me in the title no matter who the poster is.
54819, Kurlyswirl, Janey, Mynority, AFKAP, Bignick
Posted by sosa, Wed Jun-20-07 09:52 PM
54820, kinda gay
Posted by will_5198, Wed Jun-20-07 10:29 PM
54821, ^^Just made my list^^
Posted by buckshot defunct, Wed Jun-20-07 11:38 PM

54822, my post was obviously a joke
Posted by cereffusion, Thu Jun-21-07 12:07 AM

Back like...

http://www.imageyenation.com
54823, I love how people are adding Longo
Posted by cereffusion, Thu Jun-21-07 12:14 AM
like he's ever said any insightful, funny, or interesting.

suckups.

You all snicker at his musical/theatre posts.

Back like...

http://www.imageyenation.com
54824, Happy Birthday buddy
Posted by emeyesi, Thu Jun-21-07 12:32 AM
Don't be sad.
54825, *searchs for name does not find it, releases snakes in the post*
Posted by Gemini_Two_One, Thu Jun-21-07 09:51 AM

!sig!
www.myspace.com/gemini2one

When a White kills a Black, it's Riot time.
When a Black kills a White, it's execution time.
When a Black kills a Black, it's Miller time!
- Good Old Jesse Jackson
54826, lol @ this having more replies than the Lesson version
Posted by The Damaja, Thu Jun-21-07 11:33 AM
when The Lesson is like a ten times larger forum
54827, RE: Your Top 5 PTP OKPs
Posted by DrNO, Thu Jun-21-07 01:46 PM
Yogaflame - He'd come off as a bit of a dick if he wasn't able to justify his opinions, which he always manages to do. Plus he's just a stand up guy.... for a native of this town at the very least.

Navajo Joe - Funny. Has the same taste as I do except in the few notable cases where he's absolutely entirely wrong on every level. He needs to post more.

Janey - Awesome. I don't really have to research at all to find books I want to read because of her. Sometimes I don't have to go further than the mailbox.

Buckshot - Funniest guy on this site and almost always right about comic books.

Afkap - This sites best instigator and one of the smartest guys around. Good to have a solid contrarian around.

Mynoriti - Because he's a good dude and has been around since I can remember.

Lonesome D - Because he's into comics and country. Aces.

Polarbearstoenails - He gave jimmy kimmel too much credit, but not even that tarnishes his good name in my book. Even my dad is a fan.

KF - I'd talk to him more but I've run out of Commie quips.

JRennolds - For being the life blood of the PTP. Not for being a republican-ever.

Sponge - He is, as we all know, under rated but very valuable.

Colonelk - Sometimes bugs me, but I still read.

Franko - Likes bad movies for being fun and is into theater. How come I like him?

Bridgetown - Under rated as well. I'm usually in agreement with him.
54828, Bottom posters: all the transformers die hards
Posted by DrNO, Thu Jun-21-07 02:08 PM
you suck forever.
54829, Almost?
Posted by buckshot defunct, Fri Jun-22-07 12:12 AM
Fuck you, DrNO!!!!!

(Seriously where the hell you been man?)
54830, I'll cheat
Posted by Sponge, Thu Jun-21-07 08:46 PM
Going by this post, overlooked members worthy of mention:

ricky_butler - Props for trying to initiate discussion. Clever, speaks his mind, and imaginative.

REDeye - Fine points galore. He's also said alot of stuff that are kind of similar to what I think.

Members that PTP needs to post more:

Yogaflame - Cinephile. Sharp and witty. I've been turned on to quite a few gems by this fellow.
AFKAP - Imagine what it would be like if he does here what he does in the Lesson.
navajo joe
Mynoriti
ricky_butler
REDeye
Dr. No - activity has dwindled down for a while

Members that are pretty active, but should post more on movies:

Buckshot_Defunct
Stylez Dainty

This one just needs to come the fuck back and post at least once every two weeks:

unknownone

I can't do a top 5 or 10 w/ numerous honorable mentions. You all are like Voltron. But, I will say that there are a bunch of you that are on Control F and forum search function status. Note taking status, too. Word.
54831, It's a tough one.... Off the top:
Posted by DawgEatah, Fri Jun-22-07 10:26 AM
Mynorti is a given because, with the exception of a few minor descrepencies *cough LOTR cough*, we have very similar tastes.

araqual cuz the dude shares many of the guilty pleasures that i do when it comes to tv shows and movies. Black Sheep! And of course his unapologetic love for Whedon.

Bridgetown just cuz he's a funny dude and again, we like a lot of the same stuff. See a pattern forming?

Bignick, cuz he always has some interesting stuff to share on the comedy front.

Nukkapedia aka Furious Freddy cuz I have a soft spot for old cartoons and he's the undeniable OKexpert.

http://fuck-your.blogspot.com
http://www.myspace.com/insightclopediabrown
http://www.myspace.com/dumhi
http://www.youtube.com/group/okayplayer
http://www.last.fm/user/DawgEatah
R.I.P. 3rd i
54832, I only have a top four
Posted by Clark Kent, Fri Jun-22-07 11:30 AM
1.the guy that posted the link to the first joker pic.
2. the guy that posted the link to the second joker pic.
3.the guy that posted the link to the new batsuit.
4. the guy that post the link to the batpod.
54833, ill explain later, but here's the list
Posted by dgonsh, Fri Jun-22-07 11:38 AM
Janey
ZooTown74
Ryan M
Kurlyswirl
Frank Longo

no order.

Very Honorable Mentions: BigNick, Ricky_Butler (cause he may or may not be here anymore. who ever knows with that guy), and Polarbear_Toenails.
54834, you still mad at me for not being interested in the new King Kong
Posted by Nettrice, Fri Jun-22-07 03:44 PM
:P