Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectHonestly....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=54621&mesg_id=54677
54677, Honestly....
Posted by PRYM8, Mon May-14-07 05:24 AM
... let's take the time out to think about this shit really. I don't know if ya'll know this but Transformers was a cartoon. A cartoon that we watched when we were little kids. The cartoon itself had a lot of loop holes we overlooked because we were kids. Now that we are adults, a lot of that same shit is not going to fly. Especially since we are now the ones PAYING to see this shit.

First of, the changes they made to the characters that everyone is talking about. Megatron was a handgun. A fucking handgun. That shit might have been cool to watch a 50 foot robot turn into a handgun when we were 8-10 years old, but that shit does not translate into a 90 minute film to the 25 and up. WTF? Onto Bumblebee, from what I understand is that VW did not want their brand to be in a movie associated with war and did not allow Bay to use it. Makes sense considering that the VW's are peace loving hippie mobiles(for the most part). Soundwave was a boombox/tapedeck whatever. A big ass robot that transforms into a ghetto blaster and shoots out tapes that turn into a bird, cat and a midget makes no sense. Now his character could be played two different ways. Either they can change his physical appearance(smart) and keep his loyalty to megatron in place(hopefully) or the could turn him into a 8 foot robot(weak) with the same personality (weaker). My point is... Stop all the crying!!!!! Be mature enough to realize that translating a 30 minute cartoon into a 90 ish minute film is going to involve some changes. Shit, even the animated film had to go through some changes. Optimus Prime died remember!!!!!!! At least see the movie first before you start crying about it.