Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectand that I can respect
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=54488&mesg_id=54587
54587, and that I can respect
Posted by don anom, Thu Mar-15-07 11:24 PM
that you called out the writer. like, a director can have misgivings about the script which he has to take up witht he writer. same with the actor.

I can respect Q as well. I guess I'm not really as mad as I had thought I was, since Tarantino is one of my favorite directors, and he's no doubt a fantastic writer. as of late that word has been making me think about chappelle's impact on the majority community and their newfound complacency with sayin the n word all day erryday. kramer comes out the wooodwork with pitchfork talk... i guess I'm more put off by the guy i work with. He's white, and in a band with all whites and one latino. they all have "nigga" names. He's a fat guy, so he's the "Bigga nigga". There's another dude named "nigga please". the latino is called the "spigga nigga". and he makes it a point to emphasize the "uh" as opposed to "er" so he CAINT be racist!

WRONG. might not be racist, but that shit is still steeped highly in stupidity.

he'll come in and be like "they spinnin nigga they spinnin" like bigger and blacker came out yesterday. Start quoting Rick James ala Chappelle...et al. I've checked him a couple times (two times two many without jabbin him in the face), after he gets all his ignorant ranting out, and he tries to retort with "but yous my nigga tho right?"

"I AINT NOBODY'S NIGGER!" (c) 40 y/o virgin. that shit is not cool, period. He's not in my department anymore, but still i hear my fair share of white people tryin to slide one by... especially when using "dead nigger storage" as their crutch.

*Anti-nword rant over* i just feel like sometimes cats hear that shit said in the arts, in high profile art like taht of scorsese and of tarantino, miss the point, and then it's like they got a 90 day pass for niggering it up like it's 1899.