Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjecthim playing that passenger in Taxi Driver
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=54488&mesg_id=54553
54553, him playing that passenger in Taxi Driver
Posted by rdhull, Wed Mar-14-07 03:02 PM
always disturbed me

and yes it did seem like in Th Departed, the use of the n-word was forced and had nothing to do with the story

but then again maybe it did as in "take shit" in a mob way etc because the world is fucked and you dont actually get what you deserve so you have to do what ya gotta do to get yours

devils advocate but its still a bit disturbing ..because if the line wasn't used it wouldn't have hurt the film at all, regardless if it's Boston racism they are trying to imply...as if we don't already know that it's there

I remember The Departed initial thread here when someone wrote about her going to see the flick in the afternoon in a theater with not many people in it , and when the line came up she chuckled and said to herself "ok..now Scorcese has got his n-word out of the way..." which is telling

I fit hasn't already been done, one day I'd like this subject matter to be part of a Scorcese interview and hear his view/explanation of his use of it in his films